20 Minutes

/Next Day/

Hinata kept her tears to herself. She was stronger now. Even if it was just for the boy who'd broken her.

She had another 30 minutes before she had to leave. She had all of her stuff. She'd checked multiple times trying to keep herself distracted.

She now sat in the park watching happy couples walk about. Hating every last one of them.

Looking at her watch...25 minutes...why was time dragging so slowly??

"HINATA!!!"

She looked up at the familiar voice...Naruto was running towards her.

Oh no....

"What do you want?"

She asked as her voice shook with emotion.

"I have to ask you something. I HAVE TO!"

Hinata rolled her eyes.

"I have to leave in 20 minutes."

Kurama laughed at the irony as Naruto nodded rather irritated.

"You had 20 questions to find out who she liked, 20 hints to find out it was you. Gave her 20 questions to find out who you like. 20 tries to ask her out. 20 more questions to tell each other 'I love you' and now 20 minutes to ask her to marry you."

Kurama slaps the ground in tears as he rolls around laughing.

Naruto grunts mentally

"It's not funny Kurama. It's as if someone was freaking writing this crap out!!! Curse you whoever is responsible!!!!"

He returns his attention to Hinata who is raising an eyebrow at him.

"Ok. Well, I didnt want to break up with you. Far from it!"

Hinata rolled her eyes and started walking towards the gate.

Naruto followed closely behind, continuing his story.

"I had to um ask you something that was really important. I have to ask you before you leave."

Hinata looked at her watch. "15 minutes left."

She kept walking barely listening. All she wanted to do was get to the gate and leave with Shikamaru and Kiba for her mission.

"Hinata, I love you. You know that. You're my everything and I'd be lost without you. As I am now."

Hinata tried not to listen. Shaking her head, she turned left and realized it was the wrong direction but kept walking. She couldn't bare to turn around and see him. She'd crack.

"Hinata the gate's that way...but I need you in my life!"

Hinata kept walking, turning back to the main path. She checked her watch again. "10 minutes."

He'd better get to the point. She was almost to the gate.

"I dont have much time. I was planning on trying to do something special, but Hinata I couldn't think of any way I'd want to do this. Because since you're my world, I want to give you the world. I can't though...you deserve the best but yet you picked me and I can't thank you enough for that....Hinata!"

He grabbed her hand as they reached to gate and swung her around to face him. She looked at the ground refusing to look at him.

"5 minutes."

He nodded.

"I love you...so much...Hinata...will you..."

Just as he went to finish his question, Kiba called out to Hinata.

"Come on! We're ready to go!"

Hinata yanked her arm away from Naruto.

"Times up."

She said shortly and rushed to the gate.

Kurama snaps

"QUIT BEATING AROUND THE BUSH AND ASK HER YOU FREAKING IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hearing this Naruto screams out...

"I have 3 minutes left! HINATA WILL YOU MARRY ME!?!?"

Shikamaru smiled as Kiba's mouth dropped. Civilians around them stopped and stared at those two in shock.

Hinata stopped dead in her tracks. Then within a second she turned around and ran to Naruto and tossed her arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around her tiny waist and held her close to him as possible. He never wanted to let her go.

"I love you."

She whispered into his ear.

He smiled and kissed her deeply then set her down and smiled at her as everyone around them began to clap and cheer.

As quickly as he got his smile, he lost it.

"Wait! So, is that a yes?"

Everyone face palmed as Sasuke and Neji, who were standing on a rooftop muttered, "BAKA!!!"