20 Tries, 20 Failures

"Targets spotted. Heading to Ichiraku's. I repeat. Heading to Ichiraku's over."

"Got it. Okay team. Everyone in position?"

"YEAH!!!"

"Alright. Operation BorutoxSarada is a go."

Multiple shadows scatter and hop across the roof tops pursing Boruto and Sarada. Sarada came over to ask Boruto if he wanted to go to Ichiraku's for some ramen. He quickly agreed at the sound of ramen and grabbed her hand dragging the blushing girl through the village.

Hinata, being influenced by Sakura and Ino for far too long, took it as Sarada asking Boruto out for a date. She immediately contacted the rest of Konoha 12 plus the Hokage and briefed them. Naruto summoned several shadow clones to assist in the mission which Tenten called Operation BorutoxSarada.

Both generations of Ino-Shika-Cho are tasked with intervening if possible. Temari, Karui and Omoi are helping Hanabi and Konohamaru with their wedding. Well, not exactly. They are using that as an excuse to constantly bump into them for an on-the-ground approach.

The biggest surprise is...

"Hello Mr Teuchi. Lady Ayame." a deep, firm voice calls out from behind Boruto and Sarada. They turn around and, shocked doesn't really describe their faces, see a long haired, white eyes Hyuga walking into the restaurant.

"Grandpa!?" Boruto says. Lord Hiashi looks over at his grandson. "Oh. Boruto. I didn't see you there. How are you my grandson? And Miss Uchiha. Hmm." Hiashi furrows his eyebrows at the two. "Are you two on a date?!"

They both turn red instantly and try to find the words to respond to him. 'Wait...is this a date? Was she asking me out?' Boruto thinks. Sarada thinks, 'This...a date? I wish it were. Wait...is it?" Hiashi laughs at their embarrassment, "Just kidding kids. You have no idea how much you look like your parents when you did that." They sigh a resume eating their ramen. Hiashi bids them farewell and leaves the two alone. Once he makes it outside, he speaks on his hidden earpiece. "Fox this is Byakugan."

"I read you loud and clear Byakugan."

"The Kit and the Blossom are still unaware. Start phase 2."

"Copy. And Byakugan?"

"Yes Fox."

"Thanks dad."

Hiashi smiles. He never thought he'd hear Naruto call him dad. EVER. 'That young man proves me wrong everyday.'

Sasuke walks into Ichiraku's with Shino. He asks Sarada to step outside for a sec to speak with her. Boruto continues eating and is unaware of Shino's bugs sliding under his jounin vest. Outside, Sasuke has his earpiece turned off so everyone can hear the conversation.

"So, have you told him yet?" he asks suddenly. Sarada blushes. "No. I don't know how." Sasuke sighs, "Well, I'm going to give you 10 chances to tell him. If you don't tell him by then, I will. And you know how menacing and intimidating I can be." He grins evilly. Sarada sweat drops. "Dad. Don't scare off my boyfriend before I even get him as my boyfriend." Sasuke pats her head.

When they go back into Ichiraku's, Sasuke tells Boruto that Naruto wants to see him immediately. Sasuke pays for their meal and Boruto tells Sarada he will see her later, making her blush.

Boruto enters the Hokage building and knocks on the door. "Enter!" Naruto says. He walks in and smiles at his mother. "Hey mom. Dad, you wanted to see me?" Naruto speaks without looking up from his laptop, "Have you told her yet?" Boruto shakes his head no. "I can't find the right words." Naruto looks up. "Well, I'm giving you 10 chances to tell her. If you fail, I will tell her myself. And you know I can be pretty embarrassing." Boruto sweat drops, "I'll tell her before the day is out. Dattebasa!!!!" "Yeah yeah. You're dismissed. And remember, 10 chances." he tells his son as Boruto walks out the door.