🔥- TWO

Luthra House

Mahira entered hers and Sheryln's room in anger. Sherlyn, who was reading her magazine, looked at her before turning her attention back to her magazine.

"What did my pyaare devar do today?" Sherlyn asked in a bored tone.

"As usual; he insulted me, saying I'm not his wife and will never be. I don't understand what to do to make him look at me again."

"To be honest it's your fault. Who told you to get pregnant from another man."

"You and I both know that you're the last person to be saying that and I was just following your path. I still don't know why Karan didn't believe me."

"Because Karan is not Rishabh. Despite knowing that Shreya isn't his, he can't say anything because his morals won't let him."

"Yes your great husband who threw you out of his own room. I can't believe our fate; we are the bahus of the Luthra Family but our husbands don't even care about us and the family can't say anything to them."

"Stop irritating me with things I already know. Just be thankful that Karan didn't throw you out after knowing the truth nor did he reveal it to the family." Sherlyn said in a irritated voice.

"I won't give up on Karan. He is just mine. We didn't throw Preeta out of his life for nothing. I need to do something."

"What? Getting pregnant again? Opps I forgot, you can't become a mother again." Sherlyn taunted. Mahira glared at her.

"Why are you glaring at me? I didn't say a lie. Whatever you are planning make sure you don't fall anymore in Karan's eyes else this time you will really be out of his life." Sherlyn said, leaving the room.

"He can't throw me out his life. I'm Mrs Mahira Karan Luthra. His wife!" She shouted in anger, breaking a vase.

"His wife..." She uttered with an obsessive spark in her eyes.

************************
Cricket Academy

Karan was changing his clothes when he was approached by his teammate Shiv, who during these 6 years has became a close friend of his. Shiv also got to know that Preeta was his wife and their entire past.

"Hey bro." Karan said, trying to be cheerful.

"Hey. You're okay?" Shiv asked with concern. Karan gave him a faint smile.

"I don't think I will ever be okay. My life is ruined. Cricket is the only thing which is keeping me sane."

"Is it about Preeta?" Shiv asked in a low voice. Karan gulped painfully.

"It will always be Preeta. I-I still can't believe that she died. I hated her but I never wish for her death." Karan chocked on his emotions.

"Do you still believe that she is responsible about your father's condition?" Karan's eyes turned cold.

"Yes and believe me if she didn't died, I would have make her pay." Shiv sighed in exasperation.

"Karan com'on don't be an idiot. Why would she gain by harming your father? You told me yourself that she lost her father and she considered yours as hers. Why would she hurt him?!" Shiv said for the millionth times.

They had been having these arguments since Shiv knew the truth. Shiv truly believed that Preeta couldn't have push Mahesh from the stairs. She was such a nice person with a clean heart; that was what had attracted him to her in the first place. But Karan just couldn't accept it. He had already made up his mind and no-one could change it.