🔥- FOUR

Arora Mansion

Mehr went to look for Rishabh. Here he was, leaning against the car and smoking. Mehr shook her head and went towards him. She took the cigarette out of his hand and took a puff herself. Rishabh looked at her with raised eyebrow.

"Don't look at me as if it's the first time I'm smoking, " Rishabh let out a chuckle, "So what happened?"

"Mom wanted to have dinner with me as a family. I refused and told her some hurtful things... She started crying. I feel awful that I made her cry but I can't help it. Every time I looked at them, I can't help feeling angry. They took away my happiness; my brother left because of them, my best friend died...I just can't look at them the same.'' Mehr rubbed his back in comfort.

"Shh I know you feel bad but it's just a matter of time. We will get through this. I will always be with you. I know you are hurting and it's normal. No matter what happened, remember that you have us. Now give me a beautiful smile. Com'on." Rishabh smiled at her.

He leaned closer to her and kissed her. Mehr smiled and closed her eyes, embracing his lips. The kiss was soulful and passionate. After a while they broke the kiss and rested their foreheads together.

"We should get inside. I don't know about you but I will die of hunger if I don't eat right now." Rishabh chuckled at her talk.

"Let's go my lady." Rishabh gave her his arms and Mehr wrapped hers in his.

They come into the dining room to see the rest have already started eating. Samar and Shreya were talking animatedly. Sameer looked at Rishabh worriedly who gave him a reassured look. Mehr squeezed Rishabh hand.

Dinner was a light affair; the adults were amused by the children's talking. After dinner, the children went upstairs in Samar's playroom, leaving only the adults downstairs. Rishabh told them what happened before coming here.

"Even though I hate them, I feel that you should talk to chachi. She is guilty right? She was the only one who pleaded me not to leave. I do owe her that." Sameer said after some moments.

"I don't know yaar. I just can't see them the same. They destroy you, me and most importantly, the Arora Family. Sarla Aunty is not living here because of them. Once again, Shrishti is separated from her mother. Don't say it's okay, you guys only see her and the rest once per year. " Rishabh argued.

"Shrishti? What do you think?" Mehr asked her. Shrishti had a blank expression.

"I don't want to talk about that. I know I'm being selfish, heartless by saying that but they deserve Rishabhji harsh treatment. That way I feel I'm getting my revenge and avenging my sister also. But the good side in me is saying that Rakhi Aunty doesn't deserve it. Yes she didn't support my sister but she did love her as a daughter. It's up to you if you want to give her a chance. The rest can go to hell." Rishabh cracked a small smile.

"I will think about it. Well enough of this sad talk. What did you guys did today? "

"Oh we went to the market and we saw a dead body. It's rumored that Mr X killed him." Mehr said excitedly.

"Why are you so happy about this?" Rishabh asked the question everyone seemed to be thinking.

"I never saw Mr X real doing. I always see that on the news." Mehr replied, shrugging her shoulders.

"Don't tell me you are also Mr X fan?" Rishabh said annoyed.

"Also? Who is fan of Mr X too?" Sameer asked curiously.

"This idiot over here." Rishabh replied pointing towards Sahir who was giving a sheepish smile.

"Do you know why he kill that person?" Shrishti asked.