🔥- EIGHT

I advised you to read the previous chapter just to refresh the memory. I hope you like this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment. Let's get started on this most awaited chapter ✨

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Preeta..."

One small word that held a lot of power.
One small word that just change the whole destiny of Luthras.
One small word that was said quietly but everyone heard it.

Rakhi, who was still sitting, stood up abruptly when she heard her son saying the name of his first wife.

Preeta didn't say anything instead just stared at everyone's expression; happiness (for some), disbelief, fear, anger, shock, etc.

She then looked at the Mehta's brothers who was smirking triumphantly but still happiness could be seen on their face. The happiness of her being here with them.

Siddhart chuckled and walked towards Preeta. He reached down to touch Preeta's feet shocking the Luthras especially Kareena who might faint with shock.

The Siddhart Mehta, business tycoon, bend down in front of someone that also a woman like Preeta Arora?

"Pranam meri pyaari behna." Sid said, touching her feet.

Preeta stopped him and hugged him tightly instead. She then looked at Sahir who was staring at them with a soft smile.

"Are coming or should I send you a special invitation?" Preeta asked sarcastically.

Siddhart snickered at her sarcasm. Sahir rolled his eyes and joined the hug. Preeta hugged them tightly, her brothers, her whole world.

These two boys came in her life as angels...well it's Kabir and Kavya who came in her life as angels, she was just lucky that she got additional brothers.

Preeta broke the hug and cupped both of their faces.

"You guys have changed so much in just one year. My two brothers are looking as handsome as always."

"Di, I'm always handsome!" Siddhart said smiling smugly.

Sahir rolled his eyes at his brother's self-obsessed nature. He hit Sid in his head while the latter glared at him. Before Sid could say something, Preeta stopped them.

"Nope, no fighting. I came back after so long and I don't want you to fight. Besides don't forget we have an audience."

Preeta said the last part smirking evilly, looking at the Luthras who looked like they have gone in extreme sadma and won't be coming out of it soon.

Her eyes softened a bit when they fell on Shrishti. Her baby sister Shrishti who has now become a mother, who has her own family, who just grew up into a beautiful strong woman.

Preeta took some steps towards her and reached towards her face. Shrishti gasped when she felt the warm hands on her cheeks. She looked at Preeta who was already staring at her with a smile.

"Tum... Tum sachme zinda hu... Mere ankhe mujhe dhoka nahi de rahi hai... Tum sachme mere samne hai ?"

Preeta didn't reply. Instead she wrapped her arms around Shrishti. The latter gasped at the familiar comfort and safety she felt whenever she was in her sister's embrace. Shrishti closed her eyes and hugged Preeta back tightly.

"Maine apko bhot miss kiya di. Where were you all these years? You didn't think to call me, your younger sister. How could you and why are these two boys calling you sister, what's happening here?!"