LISA

"It's a honor that I present to all of you the newest star of our team." Irene gets up with a glass in her hand "Welcome, Kim Jisoo." I clench my teeth tightly as I see the door open.

"Good morning, everyone, I'm very happy to be here and I'm sure we'll grow even more from now on." the woman with red hair, slightly wavy opens a wide smile as she stands beside my sister-in-law. So this is the bitch who stole my job?

"I'm sure we'll all have time to get to know each other better and strengthen our friendship. The meeting is finished." Irene and Jisoo make a toast while the idiots surround them to do what they know best: flatter.

I get up quickly, gathering my things and am almost reaching the door when I hear Irene calling me. I take a deep breath, trying not to explode, and turn around, walking slowly over to them and forcing a smile.

"Yeah?" My voice sounds so soft that even I'm surprised.

"I would like to introduce you to Sooya, I believe you can form a good team for our company." as my sister-in-law is cynical, isn't she? As if she didn't know I spent the last month killing myself to get this job.

"Hey, Lisa! I've heard so much about you, I'm looking forward to working together." She holds out her hand to me and I raise an eyebrow at her, who lets her arm drop to her side.

"Oh, sorry. I'm not very good at these things" I force a giggle "Welcome!"

"How's Nini? And the kids?" Irene says in a smiling tone, but the smile doesn't reach her eyes.

"Do you have kids? This is amazing." Jisoo smiles widely at me, eyes curious and I need to control myself not to snort angrily.

"I have two daughters, they're amazing. Your sister is fine, don't worry. Everything between us is fine." I look at Irene who raises an eyebrow at me, as if she doesn't believe in anything I've just said. What did I expect? Obviously, Jennie told the overprotective Irene about our argument on friday.

"I'll take Jisoo to visit the company, later I'll call you in my office." Irene's tone hardens a little. Great, here comes another scolding.

"Wants to know? No need to babysit, Hyun, just let me walk around and find out, it will help me meet people and make friends, maybe they won't feel intimidated if I'm alone." Jisoo rests her hand on Irene's shoulder.

"Are you saying that I intimidate people?" Irene opens a mocking smile.

"Of course" Jisoo rolls her eyes "If you frighten my sister, who's a poor bear, I don't even want to imagine what you do with the mere mortals of this company." she laughs and Irene is laughing too. Wow, how beautiful this whole family moment of jokes and relaxation.

"Okay, okay, go do what you know best, your social butterfly." Irene lightly pushes Jisoo towards the door.

"See you later, Lisa, it was nice meeting you." I just nod my head, not bothering to look at Jisoo.

Irene and I walk to the elevator in silence as she talks on the phone to someone. I watch the elevator doors close. I should resign and teach them to value me as I should. Nobody else gives as much to this company as I do, so now they hire someone just for nepotism.

"How are you, Lisa?" she says as I sit in front of her.

"Good, and you?"

"Lisa, even though I'm worried about your personal life, you don't seem satisfied with how things are going around here." she says calmly. I can't believe Jennie was gossiping about my complaints to her.

"What did Jennie tell you?" I cross my arms.

"What? Jennie? Nothing, why?" She looks at me in complete confusion and I bite my bottom lip. Shit, maybe I'm not being as discreet as I thought I could.