LISA

Déja-vu.

Why have I had this feeling since the moment I opened my eyes in the morning? It feels like every second that has dragged through the day so far, this feeling is crushing my chest.

I'm staring at the two glasses in front of me and realize the ice is starting to melt in Jennie's drink. Shit! As if it wasn't bad enough that I woke up feeling out of my orbit, Jennie isn't normal either. She's strangely nervous and anxious and it seems like it's gotten a lot worse since we arrived at the company get-together party.

It's late afternoon and the event is being held at a club. The decor is beautiful, as are all the details around the gardens and around the pools. I take a deep breath, trying to keep my mind in order, as I grab the glasses and head back to the table, taking a seat next to Jennie, who just gives me a polite smile.

"How are you?" I say as I slide my index finger on the edge of the glass.

"Huh?" I hear her and look up to face her. Jennie is frowning, looking confused and surprised at the same time. "I don't think I heard right." she approaches me.

"I'm asking how you are." I shrug and she squints her eyes.

"Lisa, are you sick or drunk?" She puts her hand on my forehead and I roll my eyes.

"I just want to know how things are." I pout and lower my head.

"Well, that's new. You never asked me that before." she is silent for a few seconds before continuing "I don't know. That simple."

"Hey, you're lying! I always asked when we were dating." I cross my arms.

"Yeah, just to use a flirt according to my answer." She rolls her eyes, taking another sip of her drink and I start to laugh.

"I miss that time, Nini." I take her hand and intertwine our fingers "I miss things being more exciting and vibrant. Miss you."

"I also miss when things were easier, lighter." I notice her cheeks blushing and smile softly. I rest my elbow on the table and my hand on her cheek, sliding my thumb across her jaw, and Jennie closes her eyes as I lean toward her, I end up bumping into my glass, spilling it on myself.

"Oh, shit!" I quickly move away from her and the table, hearing her laugh in sequence. "It's not funny!" I take the napkin to try to dry myself.

"Maybe you need to buy a bib for your wife, Nini." I hear Irene's laugh and see that she, along with Seulgi, are sitting at the same table as us. "Did you get too wet, Lisa?"

"No, just a little and in one leg, I think it was more the scare." sigh while still rubbing the napkin on my leg.

"Lisa's always so clumsy" I see Jennie roll her eyes "That's why I pin her on the porch when she messes something up at home." I pout when I hear her and Seulrene laughs loudly.

"How have you been?" Seulgi gives us a warm smile.

"Better." I say and Jennie nods her head in agreement, but then poutes cutely when her drink runs out.

"I'll get more for us, I'll be right back." Seulgi gives Irene a kiss on the cheek before getting up and leaving. I pull my chair closer to Jennie again and put my arm around her.

"We're almost halfway through the party and no Jisoo here" Irene snorts and only then do I realize that the incarnation of Satan is not among us.

"Maybe she gave up." I shrug.

"I'm back." Seulgi arrives with the drinks and starts to distribute them among us.

"I don't doubt it, but I don't think it's her fault this time, it's..." My sister-in-law is interrupted when Jennie drops the glass and I swallow hard as I look in her direction.

No, it can't be. Not even my worst nightmares happened that way. I feel Jennie tense up completely beside me and tighten my arm around her waist.

Jisoo arrived and the worst is not it. The problem is who she's accompanied by: Chaeyoung Park or Rosé. I feel like I'm starting to shiver when I see them stop in the middle of the room, looking around and Jisoo puts her mouth close to Rosé's ear, whispering something that makes the blonde laugh, closing her eyes.

I grit my teeth as I see Jisoo wrap her arm around Chaeng's waist, bringing their bodies together, and they head to the bar, on the opposite side from where we're.

"What is she doing here?" Jennie says with a low tone and annoyed. My heart is beating so fast I don't know if it's the surprise of seeing Chaeng again after such a long time or the fact that Jennie's so angry, making my mind go back to those days of the past.

"Well, that's what I was going to say when you dropped the glass on the floor." Joohyun gives a nervous smile and Seulgi's looking at us without understanding anything. My eyes are still following Jisoo and Rosé with every single movement they make.

"Did you know she was back?" I hear Jennie say and take a deep breath when I see Rosé's gaze is on Jisoo's mouth. Even after so long, I can still read her so well. I can't believe they're together, it's not possible Rosé would be with a bitch like Jisoo. "LALISA!" I feel Jennie shake me and I frown, realizing how angry she's. She was just that pissed off that damn day.

"I-I..." I start to say, trying to clear my mind and focus on my wife who looks like she's about to kill someone "No, no, I swear! I had no idea."

"I need fresh air." Jennie gets up without giving either of us time to say anything in response and my gaze goes back to Chaesoo, making everything inside me stir with an unusual jealousy.