Chapter 6: Truth Approaching

Author's Notes

Here's the revised and updated chapter 6 that follows the current plotline properly.

Again, I'm sorry for the trouble I caused previously with the former version of chapter 6 and then accidentally unpublishing the story. I'll do my best to prevent it from happening again in the future.

Thank you for your understanding and patience. Finally, here's the updated chapter 6 and it's now about 17K words long (the previous wrong version was 13.7K words). We hope you enjoy it.

----------

"My name is Love Orchid, I'm a first year student here. It's nice to meet you, James-senpai~." Love introduces herself while smiling.

"How do you know my name?" I ask Love.

"I've always known your name. Since the day you were born, I've always known." Love gives me a cryptic answer, as if it didn't sound weird or odd.

"Umm... What do you mean?" I slowly ask her in a cautious manner.

"Heh, heh, heh... I don't know. I just know that when you were born on the 8th of March about 17 years ago, I was born too, and I've been here ever since." Love says, again as if it was a normal answer and I find myself growing concerned about her answer and how she knows my date of birth.

"O-Okay..." I slowly say while confused and a little wary.

I look around and notice the nearby students watching and whispering. I brush the dust off and fix my clothes before turning back to Love.

"Moving on... Why'd you tackle me?" I ask Love.

"Oh, oh? It's because I couldn't handle myself when I finally saw you. I've been dying to meet you for such a long time." Love says and I find it difficult to form a reply as I overhear the nearby students talking.

"Is she setting up a confession?"

"Lucky bastard..."

"How'd this guy catch the attention of an idol?"

"Why is Love-sama talking to him? It's unfair!"

"Is Love-san trying to assert her intent to take Matthews-senpai in Megurine-senpai's presence?!"

"Alisa?" I call for Alisa who's just been silently observing the situation and she takes a step towards me.

"Yeah?" Alisa replies.

"Is Love known in school? I think I overheard someone call her an idol." I ask Alisa.

"Yeah, she's an idol." Alisa answers in a straightforward and blunt manner.

"Define: idol." I ask Alisa.

"As in an actual pop idol, like Jade and Pastel Palettes. She's quite famous." Alisa replies.

"Oh..." I say. Now the attention from the crowd of students becomes more understandable.

"Alisa-senpai is right. I sing and dance and work my hardest to bring love and happiness to all." Love happily adds.

"I see, I don't follow the idol scene too much so I'm not that well-versed with idols." I say as I scratch my throat.

"That's okay. After all, I finally have my dearest senpai here with me." Love says as she quickly hugs and snuggles me, causing me to blush. I can see in the corner of my eye that Alisa is lightly glaring at Love.

"Dammit, that lucky bastard!"

"Who is he anyway?"

"Look, you can see the jealousy in Alisa-san~. The club is gonna love this~."