Chapter 17: Lunar Phase 2

Author's Notes

I'm sorry for the long delay. Chapter 18 is finished and 19 is in the works. Hopefully this will tide you over as we continue working.

This chapter is 26K words long.

----------

20:40

"Don't worry little guy, I also know what it's like going from a calm environment to the boiler room." Philia tells the pound cake on the countertop that's waiting to head into the oven.

"This is my life now..." I say in exasperation as I grab the cake and place it in the oven.

I can't believe this happened...

"I get why Alisa-senpai and Sora-senpai... but why do you get to live in the same house as James-senpai, K'lis-senpai! And not just any house, but yours!" Mei complains to K'lis-senpai with a pout as she lightly smacks K'lis-senpai's arm but K'lis-senpai just laughs at her complaint.

Meanwhile Ako and Rinko are busy talking with Terumi and Jeanne while Katria is sitting on my lap and Philia is seated right next to me.

"Then how about this..." K'lis-senpai starts, causing Mei to stop smacking her arm and look at her curiously.

"Why don't you and your undead relative over there move here too?" K'lis-senpai offers to Mei, whose expression suddenly brightens up with a smile and sparkling eyes.

"Really?! Philia and I can move in with you and James-senpai?!" Mei excitedly asks K'lis-senpai.

"Yeah, I got plenty of room and I know how much you just love stal- I mean, learning everything about your precious senpai." K'lis-senpai replies and Mei's smile grows wider.

"Don't forget that you also love hanging out with Mei, Clock Lady!" Philia adds.

"Shut it or I'll put you back in the hole outside." K'lis-senpai replies, referring to the hole four of us were in earlier.

"Good luck with that one." Philia replies with a chuckle and K'lis-senpai groans in annoyance.

"I'd only offer for the forgetful owl to move in... but unfortunately, she'd ask for you to move in too..." K'lis-senpai complains as she rubs her head and Philia just laughs louder.

"Let's move in, Philia!" Mei excitedly tells Philia.

"Sure thing, Mei. It sounds oh-so fun~." Philia replies with a smile.

"Oh my god..." I quietly say, expecting constant morbid jokes from Philia for more hours of the day now...

"Well... it looks like I'm the new skeleton in your closet~." Philia tells me, causing both me and K'lis-senpai to groan in annoyance, much to Philia's joy.

"It's okay papa. I can plant mines in your room." Katria tells me as she pulls out an M16A2 bounding anti-personnel mine from her bag.

"No need, Katria." I tell her as I pat her head and she smiles as she puts the mine away.

"I better watch my step or I'll be in pieces! Hahahaha! Or maybe I could pull a classic and move all my pieces into an obvious place and when someone doesn't notice me I go: 'Hey kids, wanna see a dead body?' Ghahahahahaha!" Philia says, laughing out loud.

"Hahahaha!" Mei laughs with Philia causing me and K'lis-senpai to groan out loud while Katria just giggles.

"Is there ever a time you don't make morbid jokes?" I ask Philia as I set the timer for the cake.