A twelfth

With Katsuki's preheat scent draped heavily around the small Omega, his strange behaviors suddenly became clear to everyone in class. His freak outs, tantrums, and especially the emotional distress he was constantly in were easily explained by his instincts preparing for a heat. Class A apologized profusely for the pressure they put on him before they had realized he was even nesting, the blond glaring and turning away with his arms crossed over his chest angrily. He didn't like any of their scents as is, but with his instincts going haywire he could hardly think straight with the plethora of interested pheromones breaching his nose. Izuku laughed awkwardly and brushed off the Omega's cold behavior towards their classmates, a large hand pressed to the small of Katsuki's back gently while he spoke to them in place of the small blond. As the days ticked by, Izuku more frequently observed the boy doing pretty much every thing, even the simplest of tasks, more intensity and interest filling his emerald eyes as he watched him. He noticed how Katsuki seemed to be more particular with wanting to wear soft clothes, he saw him tidying up around the dorms without even thinking on several occasions, and he was even subconsciously scenting areas to claim them as his own.

Katsuki wasn't very in tune with his instincts at all, that much Izuku knew, but even he couldn't deny that it was a relief to see him finally give in to his primal nature. Their classmates recognized that Izuku seemed to have a claim over the smaller boy, though that certainly didn't deter everyone from attempting to get closer to the tiny male. Izuku didn't let them get too close, though. The Alpha was visibly becoming more antsy the longer the Omega's preheat drug out, his eyes always shifting around to find the Omega no matter where they were or what they were doing. His hands always somehow ended up placed against whatever bare skin the Omega was showing, whether that be an arm or simply grazing their hands together. Katsuki obviously enjoyed the attention as well, being as he often sought out the affectionate touches, whether it was intentional or not.

Katsuki had even tried to wear more revealing clothing in hopes of garnering the prime's attention, the possibility of more touches against his heated skin seemingly overpowering the urge to cover up constantly. However it only resulted in the Alpha instantly standing from the common room couch and swiftly leading him to his room, hiding him away from any prying eyes. Katsuki had grumbled and pulled the Alpha's thick hoodie over his head as asked, even agreeing to slide on a soft pair of leggings in place of his tiny shorts. He was upset that his plan hadn't worked how he wanted it to, but he was happy that he still got some attention. Izuku had sighed in relief that Katsuki wasn't angry and sheepishly wrapped an arm around his shoulders, letting the Omega lead the way back towards the common room. The class had laughed about it in secrecy once the two had retired to their own rooms that night.

Izuku didn't want to seem controlling now that he and the Omega were courting, but he also couldn't deny the pull of his instincts howling at him constantly. He ignored most urges that came along whenever the Omega was near, but he gave in with small things. Small touches here and there, cooking healthy meals for him, and rubbing tenderly at his sore muscles. It was subtle, but he knew Katsuki appreciated the care now that he was so close to his heat. Neither had brought it up yet, but they were extremely ready to begin scenting, even though they hadn't even explicitly mentioned that they were courting. Izuku wanted to smother the red eyed boy with his claim, and Katsuki wanted to be covered in his scent just as much.

So Izuku wasn't too surprised when Katsuki suddenly barged into his room after class one day, red eyes teary and his shirt rumpled slightly. The smell of frustration was already heavy in the air as Izuku placed his book down, standing up quickly to stride over to where the Omega was standing. "Kacchan, what's wrong?" The calm voice had the boy whining softly, a small tear rolling down his cheek. "Why are you crying?" Izuku asked with worry gracing his tone, placing his hands on each of the blond's shoulders and staring down at him with concern.

"Fuckin' can't settle my instincts... I can't get comfortable and I... I just need you to..." He muttered, his voice halting as he looked down at his feet nervously. Izuku smiled knowingly, carefully lacing their hands as he pulled him over to the bed silently. Katsuki let him do it without protest, crimson eyes more alert than previously as the Alpha seated himself before slowly dragging him into his lap. Muscular arms wound around his smaller build, the Omega swallowing hard and leaning back into the embrace shyly. It was only moments later when the Alpha's wrist crept up to the side of his neck where his scent patches were, carefully peeling them off and placing them on his bedside table for later. The pause in Katsuki's breath was subtle yet still noticeable with Izuku being so close, his warm breath ghosting over the back of his neck as he finally slid his wrist across the male's sensitive glands, the area swollen and leaking more oils than usual.

The reaction was immediate, the Omega's shoulders relaxing and his body slumping further into Izuku's hold, a shaky exhale blowing from his pink lips as his eyes fluttered shut. He purred quietly, the deep vibrations reverberating in the freckled male's ears while he cooed softly, working the glands on his wrist precisely against Katsuki's main scent glands. He matched the purrs with a low croon, the deep sound smoothing out the last bits of tension in Katsuki's body. When the Alpha finished the tedious scenting, he calmly laid his chin atop Katsuki's shoulder, tucking his arms under the blond's and clasping his hands together in front of his soft tummy. "Thank you..." The boy purred quietly, the scent of happy Omega floating in the air and pleasing Izuku beyond belief, his inner Alpha finally settling.

"Of course, Kacchan!" He chirped, nuzzling his cheek against the Omega's carefully. They sat in comfortable silence for a while, neither daring to break the intimacy of the moment until Katsuki finally let out a quiet apology for being so needy. "Kacchan, don't ever be afraid to ask me to scent you, okay? I'm here to help whenever you need me... For anything you want me to help you with." Izuku mumbled the last part with burning cheeks, hesitantly pulling his head back to press a kiss to his nape. A slight shiver wracked through Katsuki's body at the sensation of lips against his heated skin, warmth spreading over his embarrassed face as a burst of pheromones filled the air.

Izuku chose not to comment on the hints of need in his sweet scent, instead focusing on the subtle claiming pheromones working their way throughout his room and washing over his body. Katsuki didn't know if he'd survive until his heat hit with Izuku being so caring.
__________________________________

This is a lot longer than usual for this story, but I couldn't stop writing. I hope you enjoyed!

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes!

1254 words