Dream

Trying to get into a comfortable position to sleep, my fingers brush the notch of my neck; a pulse beats there, steady and strong. Gushing veins and a beating heart protected only by a fragile covering of the skin. Suddenly the threat of dying seems very real. It doesn't really scare me; it's the fact that I could just be gone at any random point of time does.
I wonder what it is that keeps me tethered here. What it is that stops my heart from beating anytime it likes.
I smile ruefully, pull the coverings over my shoulders and settle down again. That's not a train of thought I want to follow right now. Or atleast not just yet.
Another one, as always, pops up though.
Whatever time I do have here, however long it may be, I want to enjoy it. I don't want to waste another moment on something I don't care about. And yet.
I sigh silently. The words of a song float through my muzzy head. An American Author song. "I'm gonna live my life like I'm gonna die young." Yes. That's right. I am. He goes on to say, "I wanna see Paris, I wanna see Tokyo." So do I.
Sleep embraces me, and I willingly let go of consciousness. The oblivion is peaceful. And dreams, if only for a little while, will be my reality.