Decision

Because I know, I know how much less in control I was.

There will always be something huge looming over us. It could be change or death or pain, anything at all. All it was waiting for was a sign, a small, small sign.

And that sign could be the fact that you were getting a little too used to something or someone. It was waiting for you to get comfy with your routine and then it would come hurtling towards you, full speed while you are blissfully ignorant of it.

Until it comes.

And it will change your life in such a way that going back to what it was earlier isn't an option, hell, it isn't even possible anymore.

Nothing remains mundane for long.

There's always something that happens that comes to disrupt your routine, your so called daily life.

So what do you do? Hide in your bedroom? Retreat? Hide from people? Clamp up because you don't want your life to get disrupted? Because you don't want to lose someone or something? Because you love that little routine of yours? I may be guilty of doing so.

But no, you can't hide.

There is no hiding.

Despite everything and everyone, you have to live. Love while you can, smile while you can, learn while you can. You can't keep, you can't capture that little moment, that little joke, the sound of that laugh. Because when you open up your hand a little later to re-live that little memory you'll find that it has already slipped out between your fingers, slipped out and gone forever.

You'll never have had a chance to really see it or hear it because while you did have that chance you kept it for later, later on.

You lost the real thing.

And then you're in agony, pain, you had it, that memory, it was right there in front of your eyes and now its all gone, gone, never to be touched again.

I don't want to live half a life, never taking a risk, never doing something new and different, never living for the right cause, for doing good. I've made up my mind; I want to live to the fullest.