Getting over her hangover

Fire was sitting at the dining room table reading History of Werewolves and she bit her nails nervously. Damian carried two bags of food towards her and stopped. She looked up at him.

Fire (hoarsely): Is everything okay?

Damian: It's in between. We're eatin' in the livin' room. Give the readin' a rest for awhile. I've got lunch, Japanese takeout.

Fire closed the book and got out of her seat slowly. She orbed the book back to their room on her nightstand and went into the living room with Damian. They sat down across from each other and pulled out four plates each from both bags.

Fire: Where is everybody?

Damian: They went out to have some more fun which you are banned from, today, cause, you're spendin' some time with me.

Fire: They went to some bars, didn't they?

Damian: Yes, that and more.

Fire: Damian, I'm not a drunk. I drunk too much and I didn't know my limits. 

Damian: Okay, we'll let this one slide. Here, you might wanna drink this. It'll make your voice stronger and better than ever.

He handed her a cup and she took it from him. She drank the medicine and sat the empty cup back down on the table. She cleared her throat and let out a sigh.

Fire (sounding normal): Well, that was minty fresh.

Damian: Beth made it, just in case, you lost your voice during our vacation.

Fire: I would have to thank Ms. Beth when we get back. Thank you, again, for savin' me.

Damian: You're welcome, and besides, you're my queen, my damsel in distress, my mate..., and you're my wife. I wanna save you because I love you.

Fire: I love you, too.

They started eating their food and drinking their sodas.

Damian: When I was tryin' to wake you up, I was lettin' you know that we had a lotta things to do, today. There are a lot of people who wanna see the Supreme Being and the Face That Launched Billions of Doppelgangers.

Fire: The Face That Launched Billions of Doppelgangers, wha-what're you talkin' about, Damian?

Damian: When you were born, Fire, the ancestors foresaw that you would have billions of doppelgangers that would be destined to marry my doppelgangers. Most of them married my doppelgangers and 25% of them married someone different. Two of the people that you're gonna meet, today, were married to your doppelgangers. You're more than just a werewolf, Fire, you're a super werewolf like us. You're more powerful than any supernatural being on this earth, and your blood can heal anything, and anyone.

Fire: Wow, I missed those parts in the books, but why me?

Damian: Your spirit, your personality, your light, and your aura. They spoke to the ancestors, and that's what drew them to you which drew myself to you, as well.

Fire laughed nervously and put some of her hair behind her ears.

Fire: I never imagined myself being a supernatural creature or a queen rulin' over anybody. I don't like anybody sacrificin' their lives for me, Damian, even if it deals with protectin' me.

Damian: That comes with being a queen or king of anything, Fire, so, you're just gonna have to deal with it. You're gonna be an amazin' queen and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

She gave him a 5-minute passionate kiss and they smiled at each other. He put his forehead against hers and put his hand on the back of her head.