| 05

I WANT MY VOTES THANK YOU!

Reggie Mantle | 05

━☄. *. ⋆━

A few hours seemed to fly by with all the fun Lilith was having; playing with the team. She was positive that she'd impressed the coach, well enough to secure a permanent spot on the team. The upcoming game would just be the final push she needed to earn her varsity jacket.

"Tate!" Reggie calls, stopping the girl in question in her tracks. Lilith squinted watching the boy jog towards her in confusion.

"What is it, Mantle?"

"I just wanted to let you know that you really... Impressed me today," Reggie admits shoving his hands into his pants pockets.

"Oh, really? Is it because I'm a girl?" Lilith raises an eyebrow, crossing her arms. "You came over here to tell me that you're impressed that I can play football, based on what I have between my legs?"

Reggie pondered it for a moment, "That's a simple way of putting it but yes."

"Fill me in on all the gory details then."

"Listen, all the girls that have tried out for football in the past. Did it to try to get into the boy's locker room or, or wanting to prove a point and make a stand," Reggie scoffs shaking his head.

"I get it alright? Sexism exists, but trying out for the football team, then rioting when you don't make it past tryouts? It's not going to solve anything and it's not because of what you don't have between your legs. It's because you just suck at the sport."

Lilith nods slowly in understanding, staring at the boy with a weird look. She may have judged Reggie a little too quickly, as far as she was concerned Reggie didn't care about anything but himself but she was wrong.

"So to say my expectations for you were in hell would be an understatement, but clearly I was wrong and this is me- apologizing to you," Reggie pats the girl's shoulder. "I shouldn't have judged you so quickly."

"Ditto," Lilith mumbles.

"Spit it out, Tate. Why are you staring at me like that?"

"No reason, it's just apologizing for... anything really seems to be a little out of character for you," Lilith admits. "But I guess I judged you too quickly as well."

"You got that right, Tate," Reggie smirks backing away slowly. "I'm full of surprises."

"Somehow, I don't doubt that," Lilith mumbles to herself turning back towards the bleachers where Jughead was seen tapping away at his laptop.

──────

Jughead sat at one of his favorite booths, writing his novel, not paying much attention to his surroundings since Pop's was pretty much dead since everyone was getting ready for the school's dance.