A New Friend

It was a bright, warm sunny day. Giulia, again, opened her window and played her trumpet noises which startled Luca and Alberto awake, "C'mon Luca! The new islanders of liveria is in store now!" Giulia said hyped "Is that the one where find buried treasure on an island?" Luca asked, "YES! C'mon! We have to get there before everyone buys it all up!" Giulia said racing downstairs to her bike. Luca jumped down from the tree excited, "Uhh, y'know, we have MY issue to deal with too!" Alberto said angrily "Oh, right, we'll look for the lady later!" Luca said hopping on Giulia's bike as they rode off up the hill to a book store to get their 'special' book. Alberto watched with a jealous look on his "I have treasures too, y'know." He said to himself and started heading towards the water and looked at his island, "I'll show you." He said and dove into the water and turned into his Sea Monster form and started swimming towards his Island. Halfway back to his island to get more human stuff to show off to Luca, Alberto heard grunting and hissing, He looked down and saw something tangled in a fishing net caught in the rocks. Alberto swam close to the creature to free it, "Here, let me help you with that." He said swimming closer but the creature hissed as if to tell him to back off. "Hey! Its ok! I'm trying to help you!" Alberto said grabbing the net and biting it with his teeth until the ropes broke, while struggling a bit to cut the ropes the creature scratched Alberto's upper left arm where he now has four new cuts on his arm. "OW! Hey! Calm down! I'm trying to get you out of there!" Alberto yelled and finished cutting the rope freeing the creature.

Once the creature was free, Alberto got a really good look at it. It was a female, but she wasn't a Sea Monster, her legs were closed together and formed into a long tail with its ends looking like a triton but curved outwards, she had fins on her elbows that looked like a horn was poking out of them, her ears were like his but they and her skin were silver, and she had two shark-like fins on her back, and the only clothing she had was some seaweed covering her chest. But that wasn't what shocked Alberto, she had long brunette hair with ends that spiked upwards, and her eyes... Alberto's seen them before, "Your that girl I've been seeing!" He shouted, The strange female creature looked at him in shock, surprised that it was him she too has been seeing out of curiosity, she tried to swim away from him towards an isolated island but Alberto followed her, "Hey! Wait!" He shouted. The female creature managed to swim to the island, but Alberto was following behind her, so she took the risk and went above the surface out of the water. Alberto swam out of the water following the female creature, "Hey wait! Can't we just talk for a moment?" Alberto asked coming close to the feral creature who was crawling. Then the female creature grabbed a stick and started swinging it towards Alberto to get him to back off, "Whoa! Hey, its ok! I just wanna talk!" Alberto said trying to calm the feral beast down "My name's Alberto Scorfano, what's yours?" He said but the female creature didn't say anything, she just kept pointing the stick at him, "Can't talk? That's ok, I can understand silence as well." He said. Then, the female creature started turning, her fins and scales started disappearing into her body and she transformed into a human causing her to panic even more.

"Hey, hey! Its ok! This is totally normal!" Alberto said as he started to turn human too. The girl hissed and started backing away, 

"Let me help you up." Alberto said going next the girl. He grabbed her arm and lifted her up on her legs, she was struggling to maintain balance since its clear she's never done this before as she fell into Alberto's arms, 

"Yeah, walking... but don't worry, I basically invented it!" Alberto said helping the girl stand "Its easy! Just point your feet to where you want to go and put one foot in front of the other!" He said walking around the girl.

The weird girl looked at how he just walked and started copying, wobbling and shaking a bit, but managed to get the hang of it until she was perfectly walking. "Perfect! See? Its not so bad!" Alberto said approaching her, she took a step back still vigilant on whether she should trust him or not. "Its ok, you can trust me! I mean, I did just save you from suffocating by a net." Alberto said, the careful girls' eyes widen and looked down then back up at Alberto. "See? I'm cool, you can trust me!" Alberto said "And you can trust me that I'll be right back with some seaweed to cover up your bottom half!" Alberto said diving back in the water.