Hunted

The next partly cloudy morning, Alberto woke up early and went into the water to look for Maria to see if she was o.k. "Maria?" Alberto called checking the spot he found her at, but she wasn't there, so he swam farther calling her name. After a few moments of swimming, he made it to his island checking if Maria was there. Alberto climbed up into his old home to find Maria checking out the human things he's been collecting. "Oh, there you are! I was starting to get worried." Alberto said walking up the Vespa poster, "This looks like what you ride." She said, "Yeah, its called 'The Vespa,' it's like the best thing humans ever made!" Alberto said walking up to Maria as she then started heading upstairs to the roof and saw another amazing view, this time of the town. "This view is more beautiful than the one we saw on the hill." Maria said going to the edge and staring in awe. "Yeah, I know. This place is amazing isn't it?" Alberto said standing next to her also watching the view. "Where do you live? In the ocean I mean." Alberto asked, "In Zimbabwe, its near the country where humans call 'Africa,' but very deep in the waters." Maria said not taking her eyes off the view. "Oh, are there other Sirens like you?" Said Alberto "Yes, they are known as tribes. For me, I am part of the Murine tribe. Then there are the frostmaid tribe, they live in the parts where there's freezing temperatures unable for anyone to survive. And there are some that are hybrids, like a fusion of me and you, they are also called 'Sea Monsters' but more viscous and deadly." Maria said looking down.

"Whoa... that's amazing." Alberto said surprised, 

"Yes... We are beautiful, but our lust kills..." Maria said looking back up at the scenery with a stern face, 

"I hope my people does not try to find me, or else they'll find you and your friends and will kill them." Maria said looking at Alberto and then heading back downstairs. Alberto followed as they started down the hill before Alberto stopped her, 

"Hey, I know a better way to get to the water." Alberto said, 

"What is it?" Maria asked 

"it's called 'gravity.' C'mon, I'll show you!" Alberto said grabbing Maria's hand and started running to the top of the hill where the water was just below the edge.

"What's this 'gravity?'" Maria asked confused, 

"Like this!" Alberto said running and jumping off the cliff "TAKE ME, GRAVITY!!!" He said and splashed into the water "C'mon, Maria! Now you try!" Alberto shouted waiting for her. Maria was anxious at first, but took a deep breathe and backed up for a running head start. Maria started running at a very fast speed and also jumped, "TAKE ME, GRAVITY!!!" She yelled and splashed into the water next to Alberto and turned into her Siren form. "WOOHOO! That was awesome!" Alberto cheered, Maria chuckled enjoying that moment as they started heading back to the human town. There were a few rocks in their way, Maria tried to go around but Alberto grabbed her hand and started swimming down then back up jumping over the rock. It was fun, they continued jumping out of the water and doing all kinds of tricks, Maria laughed from enjoyment and fun which also made Alberto smile as they continued back home.

"Do you see them anywhere?" Massimo asked, "No, I don't see them." Giulia said, everyone woke up to find Maria and Alberto gone when all of a sudden they see them coming out of the water and drying themselves and turning back into humans. "Alberto! Maria!" Giulia shouted rushing over to them and hugging them. "Where did you guys go? We woke up and the both of you were gone!" "It's fine, we were just hanging out at my island." Alberto said heading back inside.

A few hours later, everyone started going to do their usual jobs, Alberto asked Giulia to take Maria with her this time to deliver the fish just in case Ercole was around so he wouldn't see Maria's siren form. "So... How many people have you drowned into your waters?" Giulia asked curious if the stories are true, "Many..." Maria replied, "Ok..." Giulia said nervously, soon they were done with deliveries and headed back home. Maria and Giulia got off the bike when Maria smelled her people's scent coming from the docks, she huffed and started running towards the docks to see where they were. Alberto was out in the water lifeguarding with Luca when he saw Maria running towards the water, he panicked and started running towards Maria to try to keep her from going in the water.