The Calm Before The Storm

It was a bright summer day, warm heat, partly cloudy sky, and the best part was the competition was over and nobody won anything. Giulia opened her window and played her trumpet noises startling everyone awake, "C'mon, guys! Time to get up!" She said and jumped down and ran downstairs just as soon as Massimo came through the gate. "Alright boys, let's go." Massimo said and Alberto and Luca go with him to the docks to the boat, Maria climbs down the tree following and looking at Alberto leaving. "I'll be right back, Maria!" Alberto said and Massimo started the boats engine and started driving away into open waters. "looks like your gonna help me with deliveries!" Giulia said and grabbed Maria's arm and hopped on her bike with Maria hanging on her waist behind her and they started riding up the hill getting deliveries done.

"How do I, 'deliver?'" Maria asked

"Its' simple! Just knock on the door and then they'll answer and you give them the fish and they give you the money!" Giulia said doing a demonstration by knocking on a door as a person opens the door and Giulia gives the fish to the person then the person gave Giulia some money and closed the door.

"Wow, it worked." Maria said

"Okay, now you try!" Giulia said giving Maria two fishes and pushing her towards a door,

Maria knocks on the door and a female wearing a blue striped yellow shirt answers the door, "Hello Ma'am. Here's some fish." Maria said handing the lady her fish,

"Thank you, signora!" The lady said as she handed Maria some money.

"Woohoo! You did it, Maria! Good job!" Giulia cheered,

"Is that it?" Maria asked,

"Yep! And we just continue doing that until all the fish are gone!" Giulia said hopping back on her bike as Maria jumps on too and they continued with deliveries.

Back out on the ocean, Massimo started pulling up the rope for the boys to pull out to reveal some more fish, "Alright, that'd be all for today." Massimo said started the boats' engine and heading back to shore. "There's no more fish in the cart, are we done?" Maria asked seeing that the cart that they were pulling with fish was empty, "Yep! Now we just go home and relax!" Giulia said riding her bike up to the top of the hill getting ready to ride back down. "Stop here" Maria said hopping off the bike, "Why?" Giulia asked "I just wanna look at the scenery, you can go ahead." Maria said, "Ok...?" Said Giulia as she starts riding her bike down the hill back home. Massimo, Luca and Alberto started pulling up on shore just as Giulia was coming down the hill, "Hey, where's Maria?" Luca asked, "She said she wanted to stay at the top to enjoy the scenery apparently." Said Giulia, "I'll go check on her." Alberto said and hopped on his new Vespa he bought since his other one was destroyed trying to jump on top of a moving train and rode to the top to meet Maria. Maria was sitting on the edge looking out in the distance at the ocean as Alberto was riding up behind her parking his Vespa in the corner. "Hey, Maria." Alberto said walking up to her, "Hello, Alberto." Maria said not taking her eyes off the scenery "Enjoying the view?" Asked Alberto "Yes, it's very beautiful." Maria said as she gently closed her eyes and felt the wind blow through her long, curly, wavy, brunette hair as she smiles.

Alberto smiled just staring at her enjoy herself, happy that she doesn't have to worry about anything anymore. Alberto hops on top of the edge and sits next to Maria placing his arm around her and joins her in watching the scenery. After a few hours, the sun was starting to set, Alberto and Maria rode down the hill back home. They both go inside just as Massimo was done with the pesto, "There you two are. Come, sit and eat." He said placing the bowls of pesto in front of them. Maria saw how everyone was grabbing a fork and eating with it. Maria tried to use the fork too but was struggling a bit to keep the food on the fork, Alberto tapped Maria's shoulder and showed her how to do it the correct way by spinning the fork in the food and lifts it up showing the food on the fork and eating it, Maria copied Alberto and successfully managed to get the food onto the fork and eat. After dinner, Giulia was in her room with Luca showing him a book about dinosaurs and getting excited while Alberto and Maria were in the tree laying down sleeping together. Maria woke up hearing painful screams and cries in the distance past Alberto's island that sounded similar to hers, she ignored them and went back to sleep hopping it was nothing.