CHAPTER THREE

Hey, my lovely butterflies!!! How's it going with the story eh? What do u think so far? I did have some trouble with the punctuations going missing but I think I found the solution to it lol. BTW, pic of our  mob boss is up there! Enjoy!

I ran and jumped from building to building, looking over my shoulder every once in a while to see how close they were. 

I can't stop now, or they'll try to fight me. 

I decided it was best if I led them somewhere else. I jumped on the last building and ran up to the rooftop door to run down the stairs. To my horror, it was locked. I started to panic because the only way on the streets is if I jumped from this building right now. 

I looked down and gulped. 

That is a long way...but cats have nine lives, right?

"You're a wolf goddammit." Jaz squeaked. 

I took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and jumped, thankfully landing on my feet and scraping my knees in the process. 

I bolted out of there, running through the empty street. It was pitch black by now only a few street lights making it easier for me to see the road ahead of me. The sound of my heavy breathing and running footsteps behind me echoed through the alley. These men were pretty fast, but not wolf-fast. 

Shit, I dropped my purse somewhere. 

"That is the least of your concerns right now," Jaz stated.

I didn't notice until I looked behind me and they were within arm's reach which caught me off guard. "Shit Jaz, I need you to take control! Run as fast as you can!"

"Tsk, you owe me," Jaz said rolling her eyes.

I closed my eyes as I felt my body slowly start to numb and move on its own giving me no access to it anymore. I felt my canines start to grow and watched as my manicured nails turn into claws. My once jet-black hair has now turned into a deeper shade of orange making it appear almost red under the dim street lights and my eyes turned ice-blue. To avoid suspicion, Jaz avoided turning into her full wolf form. She started to run faster than I ever could. The sudden change in my speed caught the men off guard and both started to increase their speed. 

Jaz took a turn into an alleyway. 

"Jaz are you sure you know where you're going?" I asked.

"Of course, I know where I'm going-" She stopped in her tracks.

A dead end.

"Shit! Jaz, you shouldn't have brought us in here!" I yelled in total panic mode.

"I know, I'm sorry...I smelled a strong scent somewhere..." She said sniffing the air. 

"That was the garbage you mutt!" I screamed. 

I turned around to see the men running towards us."We are so screwed," Jaz whispered.

"Okay, Jaz, defense or attack mode?"

"Let's go with defense. They look like trained attackers," she suggested.

One of the men reached into his pocket and pulled out something. He clicked a button and a shiny metal flicked open.

Alright cool, now they wanna threaten me with a knife.

"Woah, woah. What's up with the weapons dude? Why don't you fight like real men?"

Both men stared at each other for a moment before dropping their weapons and started laughing like psychopaths.