CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Hey there beautiful readers! Back with another chapter! Just so you know, I will be updating a lot this week just for the sake of it :) Also, I might've submitted my book to this year's Watty Awards. I'm shaking lmao, I don't really have hope cuz there are much cooler author's out there and I'm literally a noob lol. But anyways, on with the story!

Celestia's POV: 

"We're both monsters, Marcello. It doesn't change what I feel for you." I said looking up into his blue eyes. No matter the differences in our character, we were both monsters to the world before us but it shouldn't change anything as long as we hold onto each other, right? It's obvious he didn't believe me when I told him the truth about me. I expected the reaction, I would've been dead if it weren't for the little bond we shared after our first kiss that got him to change his mind.

"And what do you feel for me, neonata (baby)?" He asked smirking down at me and pushing away a strand of hair from my face and all the while making me blush instantly.

"I don't know..." I trailed off still looking him dead in the eye as I slowly inched closer to his face. 

"But maybe I can show you," I said, biting my lips and reaching for his face, and before I could make another move, he held my chin in place staring at my lips for a moment before landing a soft kiss at the corner of my mouth. Soon, my face was between his hands and he slowly but desperately trailed his kisses to his main aim. 

Electricity shot through my body, thinking about the mysterious man I wanted to know so much about, and more than anything I wanted his lips on mine. I wasn't sure my heart had ever pounded so fast in my life. Just as the longing became unbearable, he dove in for a final kiss. The warmth of his mouth sent a current running through my body as my core ached for this man's touch. I threw my hands around his neck as I felt myself getting lost in his peppermint breath and soft lips. The kiss slowly transformed into something needier. I couldn't help but moan as he sucked on my lower lip. 

"Not the best place to have a makeout sesh, but okay," Jazz said playfully. 

"Can you shut up and just enjoy?" I said smiling through the kiss. 

"I can't. We need to leave because I smell rogues." She said sternly.

I groaned internally and pulled away. We stared deeply into each other's eyes still ecstatic from the amazing kiss. 

"As much as I'd love to continue, we have a pack of rogues picking up on our scent," I said, smiling shyly realizing I was fully naked and only Marcello's suit covering half my body. 

"Right, let's get you home." He said, picking me up bridal style.

***

"Why are we sneaking in again?" Marcello asked as I slid open the back door of the patio.

"Because you're human and they'll know. I'll have to drop the bomb on them later." I said in a reserved tone. I grabbed his hand and looked around before speed-walking towards the stairs. 

"Okay, but-" 

"Shushh! They'll hear you!" I interrupted and practically dragged him upstairs and into my room. I locked the door behind me and sighed in relief. I looked at him and he held a confusing expression as he examined my room. 

"I'm sorry but they would've acted irrationally if they saw a human on their porch," I said apologetically and walked over to my closet to put on some clothing. 

"The bathroom is right there if you want to freshen up or something." I took an oversized shirt paired with my favorite shorts and headed for the bathroom. Before I could enter, Marcello grabbed my arm and spun me around to face him. The sudden force made me crash onto his rock-hard chest. I looked up at him and he gave me that same devilish smirk with lustful eyes.