CHAPTER EIGHT

Marcello's POV:

"Nex, what's going on?" I said, answering the phone.

"Capo (boss), it's about Alessandro- the man we killed a few days ago for leaking our information to Santiago Perez, the head of the Mexican Cartel. Apparently, not only did he rat out on our private shipments but he's been keeping tabs on poca (little) Arianna. I think they're planning a kidnapping scheme to get back at you for sending back his brother's head a month ago." Nex said with anticipation in his voice.

Fuck, not my Arianna. My blood started to boil just picturing Santiago hurting the gem of our family.

"I want higher security at all corners of the mansion. Alert the bodyguards and let the hackers know to check security cameras at all times. I also want tabs on Bianca from back in Italy, we don't know if Arianna is their only target." I ordered.

"Si, brother," Nex replied, hanging up. I pinch the bridge of my nose in frustration.

I wish you were here, Dad. A flashback from eight years ago wandered into my thoughts. A dining table with smiles plastered on everyone's faces. We were all so happy and for a minute...just for a minute I looked away and everything was over.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the closed door.

*1 new text message from Leo* I looked at my phone, eyeing the text from Leo telling me to come down to the torture room.

"What is it, Leo?" I asked entering the basement.

"Boss, we found this guy lurking around our main docks today carrying his sniper. They were obviously planning an attack." Leo said pointing at a man locked in one of the cells. There were cuts and bruises on his battered face.

"Is that so..." I said inching closer to the cell, getting a better look at the guy strapped to the metal bed and eyeing the different weapons laid across the table beside him.

I pulled up the sleeves of my white shirt and entered the cell, towering right above the guy.

"I don't have much patience today, so let's make this quick. I ask and you answer. If you behave, then maybe I'll spare you the agonizing torture and give you a quick ticket to hell." I said faking a smile and picking up my first weapon."

" My first question, what is your name?" I said twirling the dagger between my fingers.

"Fuck you, Dominic! Go to hell, all of you!" The man screamed at me, breathing heavily.

"Wrong answer," I said jabbing the dagger right into his crotch and making sure to give it a good twist. The man let out a blood-curdling scream.

"M-MATEO, MY NAME IS MATEO. Por favor no me hagas mas dano! (Please don't hurt me anymore!)" The man pleaded.

"Well, that was easy. Tell me, Mateo what do you know about Santiago's next move?" I asked expressionlessly. The man suddenly started to laugh like a bipolar psychopath.

"Santiago's next move? He won't stop until he's captured every single one of your family members and he'll torture them one by one and send you video clips. The only thing that will satisfy him is watching you suffer until you start begging him to spare the life of your loved ones and he's going to start with the little girl." He said with a disgusting smile on his face.

Motherfucker.

My demeanor changed immediately. The thought of my little sister tied up to a chair while Santiago beats her starts to outrage me and I grab the chainsaw and pull the string to hear it roar to life. The guy is now petrified to see the new weapon in my hands and tries to wiggle out of the strands binding him to the metal bed.

"You're gonna see that son of a bitch back in hell in no time," I said and in one swift movement, I let the chainsaw fall to his neck, completely decapitating the guy's head from the rest of his body. I dropped the chainsaw to the floor and watched his body twitch as blood sprayed out of his throat like water sprinklers.

I'm fucking done for today.

"Clean this shit up and send that fucker's head to Santiago," I said walking out of the cell.

"Si, capo." They said in unison as I left the basement and walked back upstairs.

I entered my room and sat on the bed with my head in my hands.

This fucker is hunting down my entire family and I don't know what to do.

I hear the bathroom door unlocking and turn to see Celestia, wearing one of my t-shirts. Her exposed legs glowed under the fluorescent lights and her dripping, wet hair made her look all the more exotically beautiful.

Her aura is fucking intoxicating.

We locked eyes and she looked surprised to see me there. "Oh, I didn't know you were here. Is that blood on your shirt?" She asked staring at my bloodied shirt.

"Uhm, si. Duty calls." I said shrugging and taking a seat on the edge of my bed, looking down at the floor, still lost in thought. She walked up to me and I looked up at her as she wiped away a smear of blood from my face with her thumb.

Why are you so caring and gentle? Why are you not afraid? I'm a fucking monster.

I pulled her closer to me and sat her on my lap. "You look stressed." She said, putting her arms around my neck.

I smiled at her and shook my head, "I'll be fine, bella (beautiful)." I said playing with a strand of her hair.

"Is it because you're a man and you can't show emotions or it'll seem like you're weak? Because if that's what you think then you're totally wrong. It's okay to be sad and afraid sometimes, it's part of being human." She said, not breaking eye contact.

"There's not a drop of humanity in me, cara (darling)." I said, scoffing at her statement.

"You obviously lost something very close to you, then." She said with apprehension in her tone.

Damn.

I stared at her for a while, clearly flabbergasted at her reply. "You already know so much about me and I haven't even said a word, yet I still don't know anything about you other than your name and location," I said. She shrugged and smiled at me.

"I have my ways with people, and right now you need to get rid of that stress." She said biting her lower lip. I smirked at her almost reading her thoughts and curious to know what she would do next.

She started to unbutton my shirt while I stared at her angelic face. She leaned in and kissed the corner of my lips and continued to trail kisses under my jaw and down to the side of my neck, teasing me.

Fuck, this woman.

I placed my hand on her thigh and squeezed it, grabbing her waist and pulling her closer to my crotch. She let out a small gasp, feeling my rock-hard cock.

That's right, piccola (baby).

She gave me the sexiest fucking smile I've ever seen on any woman and started to slowly grind her hips against me, still trailing kisses from my neck to my earlobe.

"Neonata, if you don't stop I'll bend you over and fuck you right here and right now," I said harshly. She giggled in my ear.

"Do it." She said.

Jesus.

I grabbed her waist and before I could do anything else, she slipped away from my grasp running towards the door.

"I just remembered, I'm really hungry." She said winking at me before leaving the room.

This bitch.

Hellooo buttercupsss. Well, I am happy to say that our characters are sort of opening up haha. This chapter was pretty fun. Also I updated early because I wanted a day off tmrw. I am hella tired yall. I demand a vacation! Anyways toodles!