[ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 ]

Unknown Bet

[ jake's pov ]

once we arrive at school, heesoo quickly left the car and went straight to her class.

"cupcake, don't forget about our bet earlier" i reminded her as she just rolled her eyes while i just smirk.

"you'll never get these expensive lips of mine, jake sim" she said while touching her lips.

"we'll see, love" i winked and walk to my class.

thank god the teacher aren't here today.

"you're late," haein said and sit beside me.

i leave a slight chuckle, "yeah, why? you missed me?"

she scoffed, "as if. i got more important things to do in my life rather than 'missing you'." she said while smiling to herself.

thinking about heeseung hyung huh

"also remember, i'll report everything to heesoo. one wrong step, she's never gonna talk to you again, jake" she smirked.

"you should be happy i'm not spilling her anything about you" she rolled her eyes and take out her notebook.

i pursed my lips before nodding my head, "thanks... i guess" i sighed.

"why can't you just stop? i mean, it's not that hARD-"

"please keep in mind that heesoo's class is right beside us. don't talk so fucking lOUDLY" i playfully smack her shoulder as she just laughed.

"sorry not sorry." she shrugs.

"i tried, haein. but the flirt just... came out of nowhere" i said in 'self-defense'.

"well, you know yuna used to be a huge ass flirty hoe but stopped when she got a crush on keeho. i'm sure you can too" she nods her head and patted my shoulder,

"think about it, jake. you know heesoo since y'all are little kids"

"don't mind the part where she forgets her childhood best friend because... you left her for almost twelve years."

"...let's not forget the fact that you literally left her just like THAT. without saying goodbyes and shit-"

"hey i do gave her something, okay"

"what is it?"

"i don't remember but something in baby pink color. i remember she loved pink so much so i gave her a pink gift. i hope she still kept it. i think it's a pink stuffed toy"

"i remember she loved pocoyo... the pink elephant and i think i gave her that-"

"have you check her room? i mean, for the thing you gave of course" she said, slightly awkward.

i nod, "yeah but it's the only time when her mom gave me a tour but i don't really focus on anything about that since you know.. my thought is like 'not the heesoo i knew, right?' yeah that kinda thought."

she nodded, "hm well, that's kinda understandable. but can you at least... changed for her?" i pursed my lips before slowly nodding my head.

"i know you got this, jaeyoon. i'm rooting for you. fighting!" she cheered and focused on her work.

"heesoo~" i skipped to her and linked our arms.

"yes~" she gave me a small smile as we walk to the canteen with the others at the back.

"i missed you" i shyly said as she just rolled her eyes, "stop dummy"

"you still remember about our bet, right?" i asked, wiggling my eyebrows.

she nods aggressively, "yes, of course. why are you so desperate by the way" she asked curiously as i shrugged,

"i'm just curious about how your lips taste. heeseung hyung told me you always wear strawberry flavored lip balm. so i bet your lips would taste as sweet as the lip balm"

she scoffed, "huh, that's some stupid lame ass excuse. please, my lips are expensive. i don't easily give it to someone who... you know didn't love me or the opposite." she silently said the last part which i heard it very clearly.

'what if i told you that i like you more than just friends?'

"so yeah. by the way, i'm having lunch with the girls today-"

"yuna's with jay now. so we better just stick with the boys, hee" haein said and smiled innocently to heesoo while walking beside heeseung.

heesoo just shook her head as we finally arrived at the canteen. sunghoon and haein went to buy food with heeseung and it's just us two.

she sat the opposite way while playing her phone. i pursed my lips, trying to think about something to talk but there's nothing left my mouth.

'think jake, think-'

"ah right, you know that our hockey team got in the competition right? we win the first round," she said excitedly as i just sighed in relief because she's finally breaking the awkward ice.

i slowly nodding my head, "yeah, yuna told me a few days ago. and i heard tomorrow we got some big game."

"yea, yuna's currently practicing her cheerleading with the girls-"

"i heard jay got into the hockey team for yuna????" heeseung hyung suddenly appeared out of nowhere with food trays.

heesoo just nods and sigh, "he literally does anything for his little cousin. i wish you could do the same thing, bro" she says and winked at her brother.

"what do you mean by that?" i asked cluelessly as haein just rolled her eyes,

"go ask jay yourself. then you know why heesoo said that" haein said as heesoo just nods and eats her meal.

guess we have to wait and find out.