[ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ]

How It All Started

[ for 13-14 chapters,
we'll be focusing more on jay and yuna's
life- how jay got into the hockey team
and some 'explanation' -
flashbacks scenes ]

two months earlier
before any match started

"okay girls! we're gonna take a half an hour rest. you can go whenever you want EXCEPT leaving school. otherwise, y'all out of this motherfucking team" yuna said, smiling innocently while the girls just nod before disappearing from her sight.

"yuna, here" jay walked to yuna as he passed a can of drink to his cousin.

"oh thanks" she took the drink and went to sit next to jay.

"summer is in two months. do you have any plans with the girls?" jay asked while sipping his drink.

yuna sighed, "i don't know... i still have some cheerleading practice and it's so fucking tiring. i do want to hang out more with them but... i don't have much time..."

"and also in two months, we got hockey games. i really hope we passed the first round" yuna said while trying to search for keeho.

"i don't even have any time to flirt with keeho except for creating my fake scenarios with him before i went to sleep," yuna said, smiling sheepishly.

jay playfully scoffed and shook his head.

well, after all, all the things yuna mentioned are true indeed. from faking her scenarios in mind to create it with jay-

"like oh my god, imagine i'm here with him, you know, me laying on his lap while telling some stupid stories and he strokes my hair like- AAAAJAGSHSJSKA" yuna fangirling while laying on jay's lap, creating her fake scenarios.

"that would be cute" jay replied making the girl jolted up, smiling like an idiot,

"I KNOW RIGHT. but... i'm too shy to talk to him-"

"you know this is so not you..." jay said while carefully adjusting his sitting position to make yuna more comfortable.

"i know... that's why i'm terrified of myself" she replied and sighed.

"you know i never fall in love this hard for someone-"

"you never fell in love, missy" jay cut her, slightly giggling making the girl pouts.

"i know..."

"what is so special about yoon keeho? like... he's just like... an ordinary person to me?"

"hell, he's even repeating his final and decided to be our classmates instead of heesoo's" jay said while eyes on the field searching for keeho.

"well, theo is one of our seniors who's also repeating his finals... besides, they're friends so i get why he wants to be in this class"

"and it also means i got a chance with him-"

"you don't even know that he existed before, dummy" jay flicked her forehead and laughed.

"OMG WAIT THERE'S KEEHO OMG" yuna excitedly squealing while eyeing the field.

"oh, i heard they need a new team member since one of them injured their legs and probably walking with a cane right now. you don't want to give it a try?" yuna asked making jay slightly tilting his head.

"well, i'm not really good at hockey. but i can give it a try" jay said confidently.

yuna turned her head to jay and grinned, "does that mean i got a chance to be with keeho?" yuna asked, sparkling surrounding her eyes making jay facepalmed.

"give me some time to think"

"yeah sure, you can take your time. by the way, i'm gonna go now. thanks for the drink, love you" yuna waved and went back to her cheerleading team.

[ jay's pov ]

while watching keeho and his squad playing hockey, i don't know why but i feel the need to try playing it.

but at the same time, i'm thinking about joining the team just because of my cousin. i mean, i couldn't bear with her talking about her crush every single day especially creating her fake scenarios-

don't get me wrong, i love my cousin. it's just... it's kinda rare seeing her in this type of condition.

'let's just try, shall we?'

i slowly walk towards them while examining their position, how they holding the stick, and how they passed the ball to one another.

"hey jay" keeho waved as he noticed me watching them played.

"oh hey hyung" i smiled and watch the stick he's holding.

keeho looks at me then at his stick before chuckled, "wanna try playing this?" he asked as he passes me the hockey stick.

"it's fun. i promise. you know, we're currently looking for another member since intak hurt his ankle during practice and he can't join the team game... not until he's fully covered"

"and i don't know, seeing you being curious about it makes me want you to join us. go give it a try, then let me know what you think" he said while i take the hockey stick and walk in the field with him.

"get in a position like this," he said and showed me the position. i nod then followed his steps.

"theo, pass him the ball!" keeho shouted.

"once theo passed you the ball, you try to stop it like this" he explained as i just look at how he taught me.

once i'm ready with my position, theo nodded then passes me the ball as i just stopped it like how keeho taught me earlier.

keeho made an 'o' expression before clapping his hand, "you're not bad. okay let's try doing the next step. i don't think you got any problem with stopping the ball" keeho said then started teaching me some other movements and tricks.

why is this game so addictive?

an hour passed and i think i'm pretty good at the hockey-

"yo, you are really good in this game. you should join our team" keeho said while passing me a water bottle.

i look at him then at yuna as she was still practicing hard and monitoring her team at the same time.

i nodded, "i'll join"

doing this for yuna and not for the sake of missing one member.

well, if she's happy, then i am too.