Ch 17 - Thief

"What was that for?!" Calum coughed, doubling over and dropping the flashlight onto the floor, making it turn off.

"For scaring me, you asshole!" As soon as I said the words, I realized I'd caused Calum some serious pain, and I felt horrible. "I'm so sorry, Cal! I didn't mean to kick you that hard. Are you okay?" I was mentally kicking myself in the ass for being so mean.

I could barely make out the outline of his body as he slowly straightened up and took a couple of deep breaths. "It's okay. I think I'll survive." He stepped toward me again, forcing me to back into the wall.

"Really, I'm sorry." Feeling the proximity of his body to mine, I couldn't resist the urge anymore. "Do you forgive me?" I asked, taking hold of his shirt and pulling him even closer to me, then rested my hands on his hips, giving them a slight squeeze.

"Mmmk. I guess. This is your free pass." He said in a volume barely louder than a whisper. He was inching closer, trapping me between his outstretched arms he had placed on the wall.

I don't know what got into me, but I asked, "Do you need me to make it feel better?" Normally, I would never say anything like that, especially to someone I had just met hours before. But this was different. Calum was different. And I wanted him like I had never wanted anyone else. There was an immediate attraction to him that I can't describe, and I don't just mean a physical attraction. It was as though there was some unseen force drawing me to him. As much as I tried to fight it, I couldn't.

I could actually hear the smirk on his beautiful face when he muttered against my lips, "What, exactly, did you have in mind?"

I took the initiative and closed the remaining distance between our lips. This time, the kiss was different. Heated. Urgent. It was needed in addition to wanted. I allowed myself to forget that, after tonight, I'd likely never again lay eyes on this boy I had fallen for so hard and quickly. I let go of any and all inhibitions, forcing myself to live in the moment, taking whatever Calum was willing to give, even if it was just for tonight.

There are no words to accurately describe how amazing it was to feel his lips on mine again, then to feel his kisses traveling down to my neck and chest. Our hands explored one another, mine trembling from the mixture of emotions I was experiencing. They were emotions no one had ever made me feel before. The heat from his hands on my bare skin was exquisite. Every second going by had me wanting more. If only we were alone...

Who knows how far it would have gone had that been the case. But the sound of everyone else running back into the fun house interrupted us. Ashton was calling for us quietly, "Cal? Tori? You guys still in here?"

Calum straightened up, groaning. "Fuck," he whispered. Then in a louder voice, "Yeah, we're back here."

"Okay, shh! Stay there, and be quiet," he ordered in a stern, but hushed tone.

There was complete silence, even though I knew they were all inside with us, as I had heard their hurried footsteps a few seconds before. At first I thought maybe they were trying to sneak up and scare us. But something in Ashton's voice told me otherwise.

A few moments later, I saw a very faint light coming from the direction of the entrance, and what sounded like a car slowly driving by. It eventually became quiet again, and the light disappeared.

I had no idea what was going on, but I was getting bored just standing there. So what better way to pass the time than steal a few kisses and caresses from from a tall, dark, and handsome guy who has his arms around you. Am I right, or am I right?

Once again we were interrupted, this time by Luke. "He's gone. It's safe, guys." There were sighs of relief, followed by more freaking out from Michael.

"Fuck this! See?! We better get out of here. I'm not going to jail!"

Calum felt around for the flashlight, picked it up, and turned it on. We got a good look at ourselves and chuckled. We straightened out our hair and clothes and headed towards the others.

Ashton assured Michael everything was going to be okay. "It was just a cop making rounds. He didn't see us, Mikey. Stop being a pussy."

When we caught up with them outside, I couldn't believe what I saw. They were holding a variety of snacks and water bottles. Luke had the liquor bottle in one hand and popcorn in the other. And Michael had the biggest bag of cotton candy I'd ever seen.

"What the-? How did you get all this?!" Calum asked, reaching for some popcorn.

Ashton answered, "We may have broken into a food truck. That cruiser came around just as we came out. Saw him pulling in and we made a run for it. You two get lost in there or something?"

Calum glanced at me, then looked at the ground, rubbing the back of his neck. "Um, yeah. Something like that." Well, we did get lost in the moment.

Michael and Alexis stood there, sharing the cotton candy and grinning at us. They kept whispering to each other, not even trying to hide the fact that they were talking about us. I felt my face turning red. To get the attention off of Calum and myself, I accused them, "You're a bunch of thieves!" as I took a water from Lex. "Good job."

"Food first, remember?" Luke said, then held up the bottle. "And then alcohol. Let's finish this off!" And we did.

As great as it had been, we decided we'd better put an end to our carnival adventure. They were obviously patrolling the place. And, like Michael, I didn't want to go to jail. Though, it totally would have been worth it.

As we started walking towards the road, Calum leaned down, talking quietly into my ear. "You're a thief, too, you know." I looked up at him, not understanding what he was talking about. He leaned down again and answered my unspoken question. "You've stolen my heart."