Chapter 15

A/N: the guy Jon-Jon is based on a real guy me and some mates meet at this club thing for people who cant go to actual clubs... he was high and kept going on about how where hes from you either get stabbed or stab someone.... he did not say anything about flying baboons,

"Come on Zoe, man up and grow some balls" Elliot egged me on

"I don't want to do this, I don't like it" I whined like a little kid not wanting to get out of the car.

"Just get out of the fucking car" Elliot said opening the car door about to drag me out

"Okay, okay I'm out. Happy?" I asked glaring at the both of them who just grinned.

"Very" both Elliot and David said.

"Dicks" I said trying to stand up but stumbling right away. I balanced myself and did what David taught me to do when walking in heels. I walked between David and Elliot in case I fell, they would be there to catch me, once they had finished laughing at me. People were looking my way, making me feel self conscious. I was not enjoying the attention. Elliot could tell and leant in and reminded me to just ignore them.

I managed to stay away from Xavier for most the night. Whilst I hang with Elliot and David he hangs with Carmen’s friends who include, Ryan and Blake and the rest of the basketball team.

"Hey I'm going out for some fresh air Kay?" I shouted over the music to Elliot and David

"Okay" they both replied. I stepped outside where some smokers were chilling getting away from the dance.

"Yo Zoe want some weed?" Jon-Jon asked when he saw me, he was high as fuck. I turned his offer down and sat at an empty table, leaning back relaxing. I saw Jon-Jon go around talking about flying baboons then he moved to a group, rambling on to them about how where he lives , you either stab someone or get  stabbed.

"Hey Zoe" I looked up and saw Xavier standing in front of me. I was still pissed from yesterday and wanted to say as little as possible to him.

"Hi"

"I know I was a dick at lunch time and I shouldn't have let her get away with it. I should've stood up for you since you're my best friend. I know it's harder for you than it is her but I'm glad at least one if my girls has the guts to try and get along" he laughed a little, sitting next to me.

"Yeah cool"

"You're not going to make this easy on me are you?"

"Nope, never. Not even in your dreams Xavier" I smiled. We both stood up and hugged each other and became friends again

"You heading inside?"

"Ha no it's nicer out here away from that shit music"

"True, anyway better be getting to Carmen before she wonders where I got to"

"She really doesn't like me aye?"

"She. It’s not that she doesn’t like you, its just-” i just stared at him “No, no she doesn’t”

"Thought so, anyway I’ll let you go back to her royal highness" I smiled up at him.

"Yeah, yeah she’s not that bad. Oh you look nice by the way. Girly but still you haha"

"Thanks I think..." As he left Blake came towards me and sat down. Great this ought to be good.

"You like Xavier?" He asked

"Great let me guess the whole basketball team knows?" I questioned irritably

"Luckily for you no. It's only me and Ryan"

"Cause that's so much better. My old best friend and some guy who I don't really know that well"

"True but it could still be worse it could be us and the team and my mates from the skate park and-"

"Okay that would be worse" I laughed cutting him off.

"I like that dress shows off all your curves. I like that" he winked at me.

"You suck"

"I don't, but you could" he whispered in my ear, bending over, standing up in front of me.

"Fuck off"

"Like I said I won't make you do anything you don't want to" he looked serious, like he meant it.

"Do other girls get this deal?"

"Yup but most want this" he jumped onto my lap. Making me laugh. I pushed him off making him land on the ground with a thud.

"You know what let’s get out of here" he said. I looked around and shrugged. I had nothing better to do so I agreed and told the guys I was off and then jumped in Blake's car and went to his.

"Why did you start?" I sat up on his bed

"Start what? The cutting? Or cocky player?" He said sitting up like me

"Hmm both"

"Cutting because my mum was an alcoholic and would abuse me so I would cut but hide it from people" he paused for a while and got off the bed.

"And the sleeping about was when they started to heal I started to act all cocky and pretend I was confident at first I didn't buy it but later on I did but now I just do it cause I can and I like it"

"Where's your mum now?"

"Jail. I live with my dad now but he's hardly home but we get along enough"

"Shit, bright side you got away from the abuse"

"You can go to the cops you have your brother to vouch for you. And he will"

"It's not that easy. He'll have to take time off his course to help me and after where would I go I have no where! I have no other family. I can't stay with him at his dorm!"

"You could stay with friends and I'm sure Josh won't mind taking time off his course. You're his little sister he won't give a fuck!"

"I don't want to put pressure on them"

"They don't know, do they?"

"No. Only you and Josh do I’ve said this to you already"

"I'm sorry. I didn't think" he sat back down and put his arm around me. Like Josh use to when he was still here. It was nice.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I questioned him

"What do you mean?"

"You're the most popular dude at school next to Ryan and out of all the girls you talk and hang with you get along and you’re nice to me"

"Because you're different and don't get on my nerves and you're good at skating... For a girl"

"Funny, I still managed to beat you once when no other guy could" I reminded him, smiling at his look he had on his face as he remembered the first time we meet.

"Fine I admit even amongst guys you're good. That what you wanted to hear?"

"Yes, yes it is thank you very much" I said smiling victoriously. I finally got it out of him yes!

“And you could probably beat some of my guys” this just kept getting better and better.