5- Edric's POV

I walk home slowly, thoughts rushing through my head. My mom would kill me if she knew about Hunter. She practically screamed her lungs out Mittens (Amity) for dating Luz. I kick a can thats sitting in the middle of the street. "Ed!" I hear someone call behind me. I turn to see Amity running towards me, Luz right behind her. I grin slightly at the sight of my sister and her girlfriend. "Hey Luz. Mittens.: I greet, ruffling Amity's lavender hair. "Sto-o-op" she whines, running her fingers through it. "Emira told us you got arrested." Luz says worriedly. "Yeah, but I'm fine. They let me go." I say. "Did you get caught flirting aith the Golden Guard this time?" Amity asks, and Luz almost chokes by gasping. "You okay?" I ask as Amity pats her back. "The Golden Guard? As in Hunter?" She asks. I nod. "I know him! Like, I've talked to him before!" She says.

"Cool! He's pretty right? And sweet and nice and-" Luz interrupts me by saying "No, he's actually pretty arrogant." I stare at her in disbelief. "Arrogant? Hes amazing!" I say, blushing brightly. Luz just shakes her head, walking away, holding Amity's hand. I walk slowly still, thinking about Hunter. I wonder how he got that scar on his cheek... he always said his Uncle was abusive... I can't believe he has to deal with his Uncle and Emporer Belos too. They're both terrible people. I sigh, and Keep trudging through the street, bumping into the occaisional person, not stopping to apologize.

I feel a tap on my shoulder, and when I turn, there stands Hunter, mask on and panting. "Hey Golden Guard." I say, looking at him with a small grin. He grabs my hand, and pulls my down a secluded alley. "Edric. I need you to listen to me." He says, pinning me against the wall, holding my hands above my head, whispering in my ear. I nod. "My Uncle doesnt want us being... more than friends." He says, clutching my hands with his left hand, his right one moving down my neck to my chest. "Okay... so whatre you saying?" I say, my voice breaking mid-sentence. He lets go of my hands and rips off his mask. "It means I'm going to show him how much 'friendlier' we can be with each other." He says, kissing me deeply. My heart beats at a million miles a minute and my fingers twirl into his soft, blonde curls. He pulls away, picking his mask off the ground, giving me one more (hungry) kiss, and slipped on his mask, walking away, hood up. "Byyyeee!" He says, giving me a small wave before disappearing past a corner. I blush furiously, walking back down the path to my house.

When I get there, I hear noises from Amity's room. I know Luz is over, so I decide its safest not to investigate.

I make it to my bed, and curl up around a pillow, screaming into it, smiling.