18-Edric's POV

Its been a few months since I... ended things between me and Hunter. Cuts line my arms, chest, and legs. I have to wear a shirt with a high collar to hide the cuts on my neck. Often, some of my cuts will split open during the day and I'll find lines of blood on my clothes. My eyes are red and puffy from crying. I cry a lot... I miss Hunter. I haven't seen him on patrol since... that day. My Hunter... I can't really blame him for not being on patrol. And I'm slightly thankful that he's not. Because I know I would cry and beg for him back. And that can't happen. Im not good for him. I'm not healthy.

Mittens stares at me across the dinner table, and Emira can't be around me. It hurts her. I don't blame her. I wonder hiw Hunter is... I wonder if he's found someone else for him... I try to keep in my tears as I poke at my food. Suddenyl, Luz, Eda, and Raine come bursting into the room. "Edric, Amity, we've gotta go!" Luz says urgently, gripping her bat palisman staff tightly. "What, why?" Amity exclaims, standing quickly. "Hunter was kidnapped. He's in danger." Luz says, looking at me desperately. My heart sinks and nearly stops beating. I rush to my room quickly. I grab a long sword in my closet. Its not better than my knife, so as I sheath my sword and tie it around my waiste, I grab my blood-stained knife and run back to the dining room. Luz grabs me, Amity and Emira already ready to go. Luz notices the dry blood on my knife and some of the slices on my neck and sighs sadly, but runs, still holding my wrist, out of the room.

We run to a nearby cave made of one of the titan's ribs. We walk in hesitsntly, hearing piercing screams echoing quietly, as if from a distant. I would recognise them anywhere. "Hunter" I breathe out, running in the direction of the screams.

I start to slow down as the echoing screams become louder. I suddenly come upon an arena-like area. We're behind metal bar gates, staring in. I feel my entire body and soul stop at the sight.

Hunter is sitting, chained to a chair. This... girl is sitting on his lap, blood surrounds them. He's crying and pleaing for help, for her to stop. Two masked guards drag her away and my breath catches and I feel nauseous looking at the boy before me. Hunter is thin, boney, and pale. His hair is covered in dried blood. Blood I hope is not his own. And more blood is pouring from his left eye as he desperately pulls and yanks at the chains, trying to get away. Luz bursts through the gate, burning the guards to a crisp with two fire glyphs. Eda and Raine run to help children who were chained to the wall, who I honestly hadn't noticed.

I run to Hunter, ripping off the sleeve of my shirt. Amity summons an Abomination, who breaks Hunter's chains. He collapsed into my arms, and I hand him my balled up sleeve, which he put on his eye, screaming and crying as he does. Tears fill my eyes and I kiss his forehead. Days and nights of worrying, hoping I would die, missing, and now I finally have him with me again. Even if for a short while...I have him.