12- Hunter's POV

He sees me. He drops the book he just bought and stares at me. I smile underneath my mask, and run to greet him. As I approach him, he tears up and holds out his arms, waiting for me to hug him. I run into him, almost knocking us onto the ground. I hug him tightly, and he holds me tighter, sobbing quietly into my shoulder. "Hey, Edric." I whisper, pulling away slightly, looking at him, arms wrapped around his waist, his hands resting on my shoulders.

He's pale, and judging by the circles under his eyes, he hasn't been sleeping well. "Edric.." I say, pressing my mask against his forehead. He sobs harder, smiling forcefully. "I missed you, Golden Guard." He says, kissing my mask. I smile beneath it, rubbing his cheek with my gloved hand. "I missed you." I say back, looking into his eyes. He's not okay. "We need to talk." I say quietly, and he nods. I grab his hand, and he leads me down the streets, and into an abandoned building, the bricks crumbling, vines climbing through the broken windows.

I take off my mask, staring at him hard, even though his back is to me. He whips around, sobbing. "You left me!" He cries, sitting on a torn up love seat. I sit on a stool across from him. "Ed-"
"No! You stopped coming to your patrols! You- you abandoned me! I thought you loved me! Because... because I did... I loved you." He says, curling up, hugging his knees.

I sigh, walking over to him, hugging him tightly. "I do love you. Deeply. You're the only person on the Boiling Isles I can stand to be around for over three hours." I say, picking him up, sitting down, and putting him on my lap so he's facing me. "Edric, my Uncle Belos grounded me for two months for... doing stuff with you." I say, turning bright red.

He stares at me, then hugs me tightly. "Ed-"
"I missed you. I missed you so much." He says into my shoulder sadly. I smile weakly, kissing his neck lightly. "I missed you too, Edric." I say.

We talk for an hour or so, cuddling on the love seat.

I put on my mask after giving my boyfriend a kiss. "I'll see you tomorrow, I promise." I smile underneath my mask. He grins and nods. I start to walk out the door and turn back. "Byeeee!" I say, strutting out the door.