CHAPTER FORTY TWO

T R I G G E R W A R
N I N G

Swearing

─── ・ 。 ゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

MATTHEO RIDDLE IS YASMINE AMAROS. CALANTHA, NICCOLÒ, KASSANDRA, ERISED, EPIPHANY, DAÌNN, AND LANA ARE MINE. ALL OTHERS UNLESS MENTIONED ARE JK RO*LINGS.

─── ・ 。 ゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

F O R T Y T W O

"REALLY, truly, Erised, I'm fine." I pressed against his chest with both of my hands as he tried to reach for one of mine, again trying to walk me down the stairs. Since the day in Hogsmeade he'd been by my side making sure I was okay. I sighed, looking into his deep brown eyes, "I promise you, I'm okay. I just have to go to this detention, and then I'll be back. We can do something together later, okay?"

His shoulders slumped, almost as if he relaxed himself. He still looked somewhat uptight in his face, however, with his turned eyes-- those beautiful cat eyes when narrowed, always dark --his lips that never sat in neither a frown or smile. Nonetheless he nodded once in agreement, turning away from me before saying another word.

He never stayed silent for long, however. His voice rosied in my ears as he spoke, "But I'll be holding you up to what you say, dear Calantha. I'm expecting your company later."

I turned on my heels and walked down to the main flooring of the common room, alit with green fire and busy with the quiet humming of the few students occupying the room. Books were out and legs were lain on couches, and a few snores danced out of the open mouths of one's fast asleep.

It didn't take me long to get to the room belonging to Filch, which was where almost every single detention was held. It wasn't my first detention, I'd had my fair share my first few years at Hogwarts, and for most I was accompanied by Kassandra. For most, she was the reason we were in them.

I walked through the open door, immediately being met by the whiskey cat belonging to Filch, rendering it's hissing as it scurried fastly away from my boots. I cursed at it before shaking out my leg, then walked up to the aging man, who sat unnaturally low at his desk, his overly-bushy eyebrows raised at me.

". . . I'm here for my detention?" I spoke after seconds of awkward silence, a slight bob of my head accompanying my words.

"Why else would yeh be here?" he stood, never taking his golden eyes off of me. There was something unsettling about him, about the way he walked with a limp, how he was always hunched over and frowning. My thoughts were torn from my head as steps sounded behind me, but again the eye contact between Filch and I had me staring back at him.