CHAPTER FIFTY NINE

─── ・ 。 ゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

F I F T Y  N I N E

TWO DAYS LATER

No matter how much we would all talk, everything seemed so silent. Dull. The sky, whenever it would pierce my eyes, was quiet and inhabited by nothing but darkness. There were no stars, no clouds, and even the moon itself seemed to be hiding.

I think we were all waiting. I think we were all anticipating the attack, and whenever it would come. It was the only thing we could do together, and have some sheer blanket of understanding wrapped around our bodies.

We were all terrified, afraid of the abyss we were walking into. Completely dark, completely mysterious and surreal. Something none of us had ever witnessed before and yet, we were supposed to try and stop it?

How unfair was that?

We learned that Bodhi had given the map of Hogwarts, drawn by none other than himself, to Voldemort. Mattheo had told us, and we listened. He told us how he and Bodhi spent hours perfecting the mistakes that would hopefully remain unnoticed, and in turn, slow down Voldemort and his army.

"If they attack." Erised had said. It was something we all continued to say, as if each time we really believed it. It was something we added to the end of ambled sentences because we thought it would make someone feel better.

We didn't, none of us did. We knew he was going to attack, and we...

We had all decided that we weren't going to make any other moves against the dark army. We knew in our hearts that there was nothing we could do, no matter how hard we tried to make ourselves believe. We knew that a lot of people were going to get hurt, and we knew that it would most likely fall on us for staying so silent about already knowing what fate the children schooling here were going to meet.

So many innocent lives... all of them wasted.

Daìnn was not going to return to see his father ever again, and neither was Mattheo. As far as Voldemort knew, both of his sons were dead.

Had Daìnn chosen to see his father, he would only be giving away the truth: Mattheo and Epiphany were both still alive. If one of them died, like his father had ordered, then all of them had to.

"What do we do about you?" Kassandra had brought up the day after... everything. What do you mean? Daìnn had responded.

She had looked nervously around the room, as if one of us could read her mind and would recite the next sentence for her. The only responses she got were bowed heads.