Chapter Five

Dedicated to atypicalum because she is the sweetest person I've ever talked to on Wattpad, and people have stopped reading her stories and she was my first friend on Wattpad! Love you, and go read her stories! She is an amazing author!

Funny pic of Ashton on the side/top! My feelings whenever my friends tell me they don't like my music. XD

Ashton was lying flat on his back on Luke's bed, dangling up side down as Stay Together For the Kids by blink-182 played throughout Luke's room. Luke sat cross legged on the floor, humming along to the tone. Ashton had a confused expression on his face as he tried to listen to the words more clearly. When the song ended, Luke got up to pause the next playing song, glancing at Ashton.

"They're okay," he answered, sitting up. "Like, they aren't bad. But, they're not amazing? I like them, don't worry. I just- I dunno."

Luke nodded, looking through more songs. "Wanna listen to another one? Because then maybe you'll get a better feel of their sound."

Ashton shrugged, picking up Luke's stuffed penguin. He smiled, throwing it up into the air as Luke played Adam's Song. Bopping his head to the music, Luke sat on the bed next to Ashton, taking the stuff animal from him. Ashton smiled smugly at the fact that he was sixteen and still owned a stuff animal, but Luke just shrugged, holding it close to his chest.

His mum bought him this before his parents got divorced. Even though it was only five years ago and she was only ten hours away, Luke still missed his mum like crazy. They Skyped every once in a while, but it's been months since he's talked to her. Frowning, Luke turned to Ashton, who was nodding along to the music. He found himself grinning, sitting up from his spot.

"You like it?" Luke asked eagerly, cuddling into his penguin.

Ashton shrugged, standing up. "I like them, okay? Now, can we please listen to WATIC?"

"Who?"

"We Are The In Crowd," Ashton whined. Luke laughed, nodding. Ashton grinned, typing in a song on Luke's phone. As he waited, Luke saw Ashton's phone buzzed, glancing over to see Matt was texting him. Ashton rushed to pick it up, giggling at the gushiness of the message.

Luke's always wanted a relationship like that. Cuddling, kissing, holding, and just being happy with someone. Sure, you can be happy with your family, but it seems like they're suppose to love you. But, when it comes to having a boyfriend or girlfriend, it means that they don't have to like you, they wanted to like you. Or they couldn't control their feelings and ended up like something about you.

Luke liked Winter. He didn't know how much, but he did. Luke glanced at Ashton who was focusing on his phone, light reflecting off his glasses. Winter and Ashton were friends, so Luke could talk about her with him.

Biting his bottom lip, fiddling with his fingers, "H-Hey, Ashton?" He asked.

Ashton glanced up, playing Rumour Mill. "What's up?"

"You're friends with Winter, right?"

Ashton grinned, placing the phone on the table. he nodded, jumping onto the bed. Luke nervously fiddled with his fingers, glancing down at the bedding on his sheets.

"What about her?" Ashton cooed, poking Luke's nose. Luke squirmed, shrugging.

"Is, um, is she single? Like does she have a boyfriend or something?"

Ashton's grin grew wider as he scooted closer to Luke, "Why? Do you like her? Do you think she's pretty?"

Luke blushed, nodding slowly. Ashton clapped, squealing slightly. "Ashton, shut up! You can't tell her, okay? Sh-She might not like me back."