Chapter Eleven: F*ck Feelings

My fists slam onto the jet-black punching bag, the full force shifting the bag back and forth and I grunt everytime my fist makes contact. I huff away some blonde strands that manage to fall down from my loose bun and try to block away any negative thoughts about everything. Like I said, I'm done with school, boys, friends, life and well, everything.

I can feel the intense stares of the people in the Gym, the same Gym that Ryder showed me to and I've grown a liking to it. It's a breath of fresh air where I can punch my negative emotions onto the bag and picture Ryder and Mia's face plastered against the material. The smell of sweat drifts to my nose and I scrunch my nose in disgust but I keep going. I'm too angry and annoyed to actually stop.

"Well, well, well, look what the cat dragged in. What brings you here, Brit?" Rocky asks. My fists stops connecting with the bag and I face the first man I met in this particular Gym. "Where's Ryder?" He asks as he quickly glances around.

"He's not here, it's just me. We just had an argument and I needed to let some steam loose," I say as I shrug. "Nothing bad," I lie. I'm so lying. Our argument led to the destruction of our friendship and I couldn't do shit about it. I probably made it worse with that little incident but who was I to care? It's not like we're friends anymore.

"You're lying. I know there's more to this story, Brit. Come sit down and tell me what happened," he says and sits on a bench. I sigh and take a seat beside him, gazing down onto my lap. "Tell me what happened. I can help,"

"I don't know if you can," I say as I sigh.

"Well, I can't help if you don't tell me," he chuckles.

Groaning, I finally give in. "I ruined our friendship for the stupidest reason," I say.

"How did that happen?" He asks curiously.

"He bumped into this girl and I could practically see him fall in love in front of my eyes!" I say as my voice rises in volume. "I could definitely tell she wanted to snake her way into our friendship so I just ended it. I don't want to hurt myself so I had to do what was right for me. She probably didn't have the intentions but I know how this story ends and I'm the one always getting hurt," I continue. Looking away from the punching bags, my eyes avert onto Rocky and he chuckles.

"This sounds more like jealousy, Brit. I know you wanted to protect yourself but is it because you're jealous of this certain girl?" He asks and raises an eyebrow. No. It wasn't jealousy and even if it was, why should I admit it? I look as Ryder as a friend, well, ex-friend and I wanted to protect myself but...why would I get hurt in the first place if we're just friends? Not like it should affect me if they date but would it?

"I'm not jealous of no one, Rocky. I was just scared she would take my friend and I'm left third-wheeling. I won't be able to spend time with him anymore," I say as my lips tighten into a thin line.

"I understand you want him to be your friend but is it possible you look at him more than a friend? By the looks of it, you have feelings," he states like it's a fact and my mouth drops open. He silences me with his hand before I even get to talk. "And don't give me that crap about how you want to protect your friend," he continues and I laugh loudly like he just cracked a ridiculous joke.

"You're delusional! I don't have feelings for him. I would never have feelings for Ry-"

"Have feelings for who?" A familiar voice drifts to my ears and my eyes snap onto the man himself. Ryder. Oh God, what if he heard me? His pale green eyes switch between us and he raises an eyebrow in question.

"Uh, Harry Styles. I have feelings for Harry Styles," I stutter over my words. Even though I do, wouldn't it be abit obvious since I'm actually spilling it with Rocky. I look over to Rocky and his eyes widen slightly.