Chapter 1: Ambushed!

Leaving the champions inside the church was a huge mistake for the Thunder god. As he left with the Shaolin Monk Liu Kang to seek guidance from the Elder Gods, whether Shao Khan's sudden invasion on Earthrealm, is a violation against the rules of Mortal Kombat. The remaining champions of Earth, without Raiden and Liu to fight against the cyber Lin Kuei, and immediately, their energy was drained as they suffer from a little external injuries from such an exhausting and sudden kombat.

Fortunately, Kurtis Stryker wasn't gonna let some advanced robot ninjas to bring him down in a fight. He saw the opportunity from a small door that will lead him to the side of the building, it will also give him the advantage to separate the robots into a smaller group. He ran downstairs, pulled out his pistol and shoot at one of their heads " Hey! Let's see how advanced you ninjas are! " he shouted,  bolted towards the door to distract a few just as he predicted.

Meanwhile Kung Lao, a close friend and like brother to Liu, also a Shaolin Monk is defending himself and rest of his allies on the other side of the building. He mainly uses his teleportation skills with the help of his bladed hat to slice and cut off the cybernetic ninjas into half or cut off their heads for good. He hears the gunshot coming from the stairs, seeing one of his allies running off to reduce the numbers, he disappeared to the ground, transferred himself to outside so he could assist Stryker " You are not alone, remember that. " he spoke to the cop, and both nodded at each other before finishing off the rest.

As for the reckless International movie star Johnny Cage, he was fighting with all his best, while hiding the backs of both Special Forces Commander  Jackson Briggs and Lieutenant Sonya Blade. Actually, he was trying to avoid of all the violence as possible, or maybe chicken out, he was scared, really scared no matter how his new allies and the thunder god convinced him that this was going to be all normal for him, facing the horrible monsters and huge beasts from Outworld. He looked around, scanning the place to see if anyone needed help, he saw two of his companions were already distracting a few on the outside, he bolted out to the exit and began making Kung Fu noises while kicking and punching the robots with all of his might.