Chapter 3: Assemble!

Three hours since the invasion starts* 

The abandoned old church, Chicago* 

While the remaining warriors were completely exhausted from the fight, they still had one last obstacle to face: Queen Sindel ; beautiful and yet dangerous, she was recently ressurected by another cunning and powerful sorceror Quan Chi of the Netherrealm; in order to reunite with the ruthless Emperor Shao Khan so they will be able to rule Outworld once again and take over Earth realm as they had planned. 

While Raiden was still consulting with the elder gods at the Sky Temple, he adviced his student Liu Kang to return to the church in case of any attacks since he has a terrible feeling that they not might survive from any possible numbers of enemies they will engage with, and of course, he had to prevent the same mistakes that the another Raiden did from another timeline, so the Shaolin monk took his advice and agreed with him and headed back to the location, which luckily, he arrived on time to assist his friends. 

Have I arrived too late?" Raiden returned to the location by using lightning to teleport back from the temple, only to see that he had shocked Sindel with his powers to injure her and causing her to retreat and flee away. 

" Most of us were exhausted or injured from the ambush, Lord Raiden. We were lucky enough to survive the attack, I am glad that you sent me back here to help, or else Sindel would have finished the most of us here. " Liu Kang replied after helping Kitana by placing her on the floor to rest and checking on her injuries. 

I have asked the Elder Gods about whether the invasion of Earth realm is against the rules. And the conclusion is.. " he paused, the rest of his warriors waited for his answer, hoping it would be a good one. Raiden let out a sigh " Unfortunately, their answer was not what I was expecting, Shao Khan will be allowed to continue to conquer your realm, I am afraid that we will have to continue to fight and defend Earth. " 

We will get all of the help we can get, I pray it will be enough to fight against the forces of darkness from other realms. " he explained further " Now, we must head somewhere else safer  where Shao Khan's army will not be able to find us and regroup again - " he stopped, he noticed the group was missing three " Has anyone seen where Johnny Cage, Kung Lao and Kurtis Stryker has went? "