I

Heather's POV

I'm currently nineteen and living with my parents. I haven't attended a university or anything, because I wanted to take a break with academics. It seems as though this break will never end. My parents are constantly hammering me about getting a college education. They said if I didn't I'd have to move out and live on my own.

I've saved up a substantial amount of money from babysitting services and I plan on buying a flat with it. Only thing is, I've got to find myself a job to provide me with enough to pay the bills and groceries. I've been searching online for jobs and found one with a decent pay. The job is to be a bartender at a popular club just around the corner from the flat I'm thinking of purchasing.

I've told my parents about it, but they're not too comfortable about the job. Using my ultimate persuasion skills, I managed to convince them and then sought out to rent the flat. I applied for the job and was accepted. For once. In my life I'd managed to accomplish something.

*A week later*

After moving into the flat I thanked my parents, escorted them out, and jumped right into my bed. It felt so good knowing that I was finally on my own. I may do as I please without being scolded at or judged. All my old secondary school friends look down upon me for ending up in the situation I was in, but that'll change once they find out that I've got my own place and a job.

*Two days later on a Friday night*

Nathan's POV

It was now dusk and my girlfriend Julia and I decided to go to the nearby club Cocoa Loco. We go there from time to time for fun or to find people to prey on. Only thing is, it's hard to find someone sober enough to drink blood from. Even though we're vampires, we still get drunk from too much liquor. So, if we were to suck a person dry we'd get wasted from all the alcohol in their system.

We got to the club and sat ourselves down at the VIP booth. We were well known in the city's night life. Everyone knew we were wealthy, so we were given special treatment. Because of that, we were able to get our supper easily.

I scanned the room in search of a tasty snack and my eyes fell upon the most beautiful human being I'd ever come across. Her emerald eyes sparkled underneath the club's lights and her long hair was a deep and dark color that would give you the sensation of descending into a never ending abyss. She was walking all over tending to tables. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her throughout the entire night and I believe Julia may have noticed.

Heather's POV

I was on the floor tonight being that it was now my permanent position. My manager Jenna said I had a friendly face so it was most suitable. It was nerve recking. Thankfully, my performance was satisfactory as Jenna stated.

I walked over to a table at the VIP booth with a lovely couple. "Hello! I'm Heather. What would you two peas in a pot like to order?" I asked with a smile on my face. The girlfriend began to ponder.

The boyfriend smiled at me and stared me dead in the eyes as if he were piercing into my soul. Normally that would freak me out, but surprisingly I didn't mind it at all. I felt as if he were trying to tell me something. He probably wasn't and is just some rich weirdo who wants to get into my pants.