XXI

To the right, I've put up a vid created by myself. It's the soundtrack to this chapter. Yes, I did waste my time creating a soundtrack to it, but it was worth it:) The songs are from Ellie Goulding. The first one is RItual and the second is Figure 8.

Nathan's POV

Julia and I were on our way to Jay's cabin. After a phone call with one of the council's minions, Julia found out about the whole battle that'll occur tonight. I must admit that it's got me worried sick. I know Heather is strong enough to protect herself, and that Siva will basically be everyone's shield, but they're strength is merely enough for them to win this battle. The council has gathered old and stronger vampires and created a mini army with them. I doubt the witch aiding Heather and the boys will be able to pay any attention to them or the vampires since she'll be going head to head with the witch aiding the council, especially when that witch is using expression.

Heather's POV

Max, Tom, Phoebe, Jay, Siva and I were outside the cabin. Phoebe was attempting to get some power from the other side like the other witch, except the power she'd be getting isn't dark. The boys were patrolling as the usual while I watched Phoebe do her stuff.

She drew a circle with a stick in the dirt and outlined it with tiny white candles. She walked into the center of the circle, looked up to the sky, and closed her eyes. She began to chant something in what was of course a foreign old language. As she did so, the sky surrounding us began to darken a bit as clouds gathered around. The candles lit up with huge flames dancing on the wicks. Her chanting grew louder along with the flames. She lifted her arms out to the sky as if giving praise and fell to her knees.

She was now screaming while repeating the same line over and over again. A wind blew around us swiftly, blowing out the candles. Phoebe dropped her arms. She was breathing hard, her eyes still closed. She dropped her head, and the scenery went back to it's previous state. The sun was shinning again, but it seemed brighter now. In a few hours the sun will set, and the peace I feel now for some reason after what Phoebe just did will diminish. I'll go back to being the monster I am, trying to save the world from myself and the ridiculous power I have within me.

Phoebe's eyes flung open as she removed herself from the ground. "So?" I asked, curiosity eating me up. 

"The witches have given me their powers, but if we fail they certainly won't take it lightly. I'm just frightened of all the power I've consumed. If Barron or that witch drive me crazy enough, I might over use it and lose myself."

"I'm sure you'll be fine. Why don't you girls head into the cabin and relax. Conserve your energy" said Siva.

"Good idea!" Phoebe replied as she headed towards the cabin. I followed her in. We both sat on the sofas, across from each other. "You don't have to worry about this whole fight, or battle, or whatever you guys want to call it" I said to her.

"You do realize I'm putting my life on the line here, am I right? And, that's including the world too."

"Yes, I just have a good feeling about this. While you were getting power from the other side I felt at ease for a moment. Something tells me we'll win this thing."

She gave me a questioning look. "I guess you got that from your... naturistic instincts. Well, that's good to know!"

"So, like I said, no worries!"

"Trust me when I say there's still plenty to worry about. Just because we might have a chance to win this battle doesn't mean we'll all come out a live at the end."

"Let's just keep our hopes up. I know it's a hard thing to do, but it's what will keep us strong and confident."

She gave me a smile. "Is that something you would've ever said in the past?"