V

Heather's POV

I woke up with my head laying on Nathan's chest. I couldn't recall how we ended in that position. Once I noticed we were nude the memory of our intercourse came flooding into my mind. I remembered how amazingly incredible it was and it made me want more.

I raised my head from his chest. He was still sleeping. I moved my body up slowly and leaned over his head. I planted a kiss on his forehead. I got up from the bed and looked at the time on my phone. I had to be at work in thirty minutes.

I rushed to the bathroom to take a quick shower, which I did. I stepped out and grabbed my towel from the towel rack. As I was wiping my neck I felt a pain when I went over the part where my artery was. I winced at the pain and removed my hand from my neck. I lifted my head to the upper right and found what looked like a vampire bites.

How did this happen? I poked it with my finger and winced from the pain again. Smart move. I went into the medicine cabinet and grabbed a bandage. I applied it onto the cuts and walked out the bathroom to get dressed.

Five minutes until my shift began and I'd just finished getting ready. I was going to wake Nathan up, but he looked so peaceful. I wrote something down on a sticky note which said "Rise and shine! I'm at work right now so I've left you the keys to my flat. When you leave please bring it to me at the club. Thanks!"

Nathan's POV

I woke up and found a sticky note next to me. I read what Heather wrote and then lifted myself from her bed. I felt a bit week. I knew I had drunken a few blood bags before I came to her place. So, why was I feeling weak? That's when it hit me.

*Memory*

Heather lead me to her room. We rushed to take off our clothes and I threw her onto the bed. "I want you" I said kissing on her neck. She could barely catch her breath. "You've already got me" she responded. "I mean, I want you forever. I want to spend eternity with you."

"That co-couldn't sound any better."

"So it's official? We'll be together forever?"

"Absolutely."

It wasn't me talking. It was my heart. When she said absolutely, it was the verification for me to turn her. I never planned on it. I couldn't help it. I dug my canine teeth into her artery and expelled my vampire venom.

She squealed as it rushed through her veins. I lifted my head and stared into her eyes. I compelled her to forget about the bite and she did. We continued on with the intercourse which was much pleasurable.

How could I have done that! I would never be so stupid to do something as such. This is what Julia was talking about. I couldn't help myself and look where it's brought me. How is it that she failed to mention that I'd end up turning her? I've just ruined Heather's life without her consent. By the next weekend she'll be a vampire. The council will find out and have me killed; they might even kill her.

Heather's POV

I helped Jenna close down. She handed me my keys. "Is there a reason why Nathan had your keys?" she asked. Why didn't he bring it to me in person? Did he regret what we did today? 

"You know he has a girlfriend right?" she asked interupting my thoughts.

"Not anymore" I said proudly.

"Woah there tiger! How did this happen?"

"I'm not exactly sure. All I know is that he couldn't stop thinking of me, I couldn't stop thinking of him, and then they broke up."

"Then he came over to your place and you guys got dirty?"

I laughed. "Great guess!"

"When you get to know him tell me everything about him. No one knows a thing about him or Julia. We don't even know how they make all that money. People call them the shadows of the night."

"Wow. Very creative" I said sarcastically.

"I know, right? Want me to drop you home?"

"Uhh, yeah. Why not? Thanks!"

"No problem sweety!"

Jenna dropped me off to my flat. It only took ten seconds. Walking took five minutes. I walked up to the door and felt a presence once more. I turned around and saw Julia causing me to jump.

"You  should've stayed away from him. He was mine!" she said angrily.

"Wh-what are you talking about?"

"I hope you get everything that's coming your way. They already know."

"What the bloody hell are you talking about?"

"He hasn't told you yet? The council knows there's a newborn. They just don't know who it is. Eventually, they'll find out and come after you."

I blinked and she vanished. It was as if she went poof in the air. Am I going crazy or something? Maybe I'm just tired. I'll sleep it all off.