VII

Heather's POV

I woke up to the sound of chatter. I fluttered my eyes open and saw four men gathered around the room staring at me, and so was Nathan. I quickly shut my eyes. I hoped they didn't see me open them.

Nathan's POV

"Could you guys stop staring at her like freaks?" I requested.

"We're freaks regardless. I mean come on, we are vampires. Aren't we?" Max said.

"He speaks the truth" Tom said in agreement.

"I told you all everything you needed to know and now you've seen her. Now can you guys leave the room and let her sleep peacefully?"

"Alright lads. Lets go" Siva said.

Heather's POV

They left the room. I got up from the bed and headed straight towards the bathroom. What were those guys doing here? Are they the council? I doubt that they'd be that friendly.

As I stood there in my thoughts, I began to hear noises from outside and the volume kept increasing. More noises started to collide with what I was hearing making the volume increase even more. I covered my ears trying to rid the pain the noises were giving me. I heard sirens, laughter, and a ton of other ridiculously loud things.

The pain was so unbearable that I began to scream trying my hardest to fight it off. Nathan appeared in front of me instantly and removed my hands from covering my ears. He placed his onto my ears and put pressure onto them forbidding me to here a thing. Once I was relaxed he let his hands fall to his sides.

"Wh-What just happened?" I asked with my eyes popping out of my head from shock.

"It's the transformation. You've just been given an acute sense of hearing."

"So, this is what everything will sound like for now on? I'll just hear a bunch of things I could care less to listen to?"

"Yeah sort of, but it won't be painful. You'll be able to control what you listen to. This would be your first and last time having to go through all that pain. Your body is now use to it."

"Is there any other excruciating pain that will come about during this transformation?"

"Yes. They would be your fangs and your hunger."

"This is just fantastic. Why couldn't this be like TVD?"

"Because that's a show and this is the reality of vampirism."

I sighed. "What's next on the schedule?"

"Later on today your eye sight will improve drastically. Thursday -which is tomorrow- your fangs will grow out. Friday you'll gain speed and strength. Also, your emotions and senses will heighten. Saturday is the day you'll have to complete the transformation."

"Saturday is the day you turned me."

"Yup. The day a vampire turns a human will be the day they'll have to complete the transformation."

"Why does it take so long?"

"Because, at first your body tries fighting off the venom. The venom is too strong for it so it starts taking over with in four days. Today is your fourth day and you've just got your acute hearing."

I sighed heavily wanting all of this to end already. I never even signed up for this. Now I've got to be a vampire for the rest of eternity; that is if we don't get killed by the council. If I had attended a university I could've remained living with my parents and would still be a mortal. But if I did, I would've never found Nathan, my soul mate.