Chapter Nine

After a few minutes max had calmed down and he pulled himself from your hug. He wipes his eyes with his sleeve. 

"I'm so sorry max..." you say softly. 

"It's fine." He mutters. 

"But it's not." You reply, gently reaching out to hold one of his hands. He lets you lightly clutch onto it as you look at him solemnly. 

"Please, just... don't tell anyone." He starts "I don't think I'm ready for people to know yet." You smile softly and gently squeeze his hand.

"I won't, but if it starts to get worse please tell me." You say in a gentle voice. 

"Thank you." Max says as he smiles for a few short moments but returns back to a frown. "I'm uh- sorry for having a fuckin breakdown on you." He speaks while standing up and holding his hand down to you to Help you stand up. You take his hand and hoist yourself up.

"There's no need to be sorry, I'm glad you told me, I didn't want you to be sad." You smile. 

"Stop being so nice. It's weird." He jokes. 

"Nah" you reply, still holding his hand.

"Are you gonna let go of my hand?" He asks.

"Do you want me to?" You smirk at him. 

"I can start being mean to you again at any time yknow." He grumbles yet still doesn't let Go of your hand as he turns to head back to the tents.

"Wait max, don't actually-" 

"I'm joking Y/N chill out." He grins at you as you both walk still clutching each other's hands. 

"Stop flirting with me you asshole."

"What- I'm not flirting with you. I'm just holding your hand because you're scared of the dark."

"Sure." 

"You're really pushing my limits here Y/N"

"Good."

Sorry abt this chapter being So short I just wanted to get some sort of part out sooner :)