Chapter I: First Day

William

First day of school huh?

After a month of staying from my cousin's place and moving to Manila, I was finally able to get enrolled in a decent school just nearby my apartment in Fairview. I hope that it'll be a good week making friends at my department.

Two weeks ago June 2, 2024.Reception area.

"Hello there young man!" Said by the receptionist, while I was there standing nervously.

"H-Hi." I answered nervously.

"what course will you be taking?"

"Software Engineering." 

"Papers, please?" She asked politely and I handed over my documents generously, she almost gasped when she read my papers with a shocked face.

"You were a pri-" I shushed her before she even said the word she was going to say and responded to her question. "Yes, I was. Please refrain from saying that out loud, I don't want people catching wind of this."

For the record, I don't really like being the center of attention.

"I got you covered." She said. "Are you really going to college without going through senior high first, I know you have acceptance papers but will that work when you decide to go for a job?"

"It's alright, I have other paperwork for applying a job in the future if I finish college, I'll have the principal's signature." To be honest, I don't know if I'll finish college and have a job in the first place, sigh.

"May I please receive your admission fee?" She asked while I started digging through my pockets trying to find my wallet. "Oh, here it is." I grabbed my wallet and paid my admission fee. 

"If you want to examine the school you may, just ask the gatekeeper to let you in."

"Thank you very much." I left the reception to go inside to the campus, the gatekeeper was nice enough to let me in, the grounds were so vast I might get lost in the first two minutes when I suddenly stumbled upon the school's faculty. I knocked on the door to get a professor's attention and one stood up in front of me.

"Hi, are you a new transferee?" She asked with a gorgeous smile on her face that can light up someone's world, of course it wouldn't be my world, why would I thought of that? "Yes ma'am." I just politely replied back.

"Ah, so what course did you pick?"

"Software Engineering ma'am." I replied.

"Ah, that's my class you're in, I'm Ms. Amelia Miranda." She said with a cheerly smile. "You may call me Prof. Lia in class, what's your name?" 

"My name's W-William." I stuttered. "William Villanueva, I'm 18 years old and first year college."

"Haven't I heard your name from somewhere?" Uh-oh, this is the time I really hated the most, people recalling who I was. "I-I think not?" I replied to slip out of the topic and change into a new one.

"Oh, well then, shall I show you around?" She asked which I nodded out very quickly and trying to get out of that beautiful gaze. "Yes, please I might lose my way in this big new school." She chuckles afterwards then guided me around the campus, seems like she's a nice professor that I can get along with and that nice personality of hers makes me feel somewhat protected.

"It sure looks just like a prestigious school to me ma'am." 

"Just the looks of the school does make it prestigious." She replied. "Not just the looks but also its excellent quality of teachers and the lessons they give."