Chapter XX: A Tale To Be Told

William

"I-I missed you." I said.

"I don't know if I do." She replied.

"Do you want something to eat?" I asked.

"Thanks but I already ate."

Things became distant between us as she comes in her room unpacking her things and never left as the day ends, I prepared dinner for the two of us but she said that she has no appetite so I only ate dinner by myself the same thing I did for the past three months. I did the chores by myself then went to sleep afterwards, it was a Sunday so there's nothing much to do unless the things I do as always. It was the same repetitive day like yesterday and I was too bored that I haven't noticed the sun went down already, I prepared dinner for the two of us then she finally joined me for supper. We haven't talked to each other even doing the chores so I just did homework afterwards, hours later I heard a knock on my door.

"Yes?"

"C-Can I come in?" She asked.

"It's a little cramped but okay." I replied.

And so I let her in my room. "How do you sleep in here?"

"I-I have my ways."

"So, what have you been meaning to ask me?"

"Who are you?" She asked.

"E-Excuse me?"

"Who are you."

"I-I'm William, your friend since the first semester, is there really more you want to know because that's all I am." I said.

"You're a liar, you've been lying to me all this time." She replied.

"I'm not ly-"

"STOP LYING!!!" I got shocked. "Please, tell me the truth, I'll understand."

"A-Alright, we'll talk in here."

"Where?" She wondered.

"Where I kept all my past behind." I replied.

"Blossom, I-I was-" I slowly opened the door finally revealing who I really am.

"A privateer."

She shed a tear. "Do you know how long I've been waiting for you to finally tell me the truth?"

"I'm sorry, I promised myself to never look back from where I began and set my eyes to the future."

"Yet you keep it deep inside like it was your deepest darkest fear."

"There's just some things you cannot ever let go." I said.

"You knew my brother all this time and you haven't even told me." She replied.

"For the record, I don't really like being the center of attention..."

She hugged me. "Thank you, for bringing him back in one piece." She wept afterwards.

"Y-You're welcome."

"Um, can we take a seat to my bed." I asked.

"Yes please."

She sat on my bed and I make sure I locked the door of my bedroom. "W-Why did you have to lock the door? It's only the two of us here."

"I had bad memories of having my door unlocked every time." I explained.

Everything went silent for a minute. "F-For everything that happened before, I-I'm sorry."

Then she slapped me. "I don't want to remember the things that happened to me."