Is Someone There?

Jayce's POV

I sit ridged in a desk chair in Liam's room. Liam sits, or should I say lays, in front of me on his bed. He's relaxed unlike myself because I feel more on edge than ever. Liam has his hands behind his head, his legs sprawled out in front of him, and he's wearing a huge grin. A grin that was undeniably larger than his usual smile. He only ever wore this smile when he was talking or thinking about his mate. And I guess me talking about my own was reminding him of his.

"So you really think you heard your mate?" He asks somewhat bored but I know it's because the majority of his mind is thinking of his own love. Liam's eyes are trained on the ceiling despite the fact I'm looking his way. Liam has been praying for almost a year for me to finally get my mate but guys don't get there mate at a certain date. We have to wait until our mate's sixteenth birthday which tells me that my mate is about year and a half younger than me. Liam got his mate three months after his 16th birthday and I've been patiently waiting ever since, listening to the joy and love that my best friend, almost my brother, feels almost everyday of his life. I'd be lying to say that I haven't got jealous over the years and now I'm overcome with joy but with this feeling, I feel like something is wrong.

"I don't know what or who I heard. My heart swelled when I heard the voice and I only heard someone say God? And then it was gone and I was only met with silence and static. I tried to ask who was there but it was like I was talking to myself. My voice was just bouncing all in my brain, going to no one. It was like the line went dead and when I tried to redial, it was as if the number was nonexistent. Did that ever happen with you and Sarah?" At the mention of the name Sarah his grin grew which I didn't know was even possible.

"Honestly no... When she turned sixteen I could hear her breathing in my head. I could communicate with her as easy as I am with you right now. I could right now too if she wanted to too but she blocking everyone out. No entrance to her mind now. There was never any static or she never disappeared... I'm sorry man. Maybe it wasn't your mate and just some random person who got inside your head," I shake my head and he glances at me to see how I took his news. Liam's light brown and ember eyes quickly looking over my face to search for a response only he could detect.

"And then the pictures for the last few days..." I mutter.

"That never happened to me either... or anyone I've ever talked to. Sorry but none of this sounds like anything I've ever heard of before. What were in the pictures?" He asks and at first I hesitate, unsure of wether or not to tell him incase he twisted them into some type of joke.

Don't be. I trust that he won't tell anyone more than he should. For all we know with all that reading he does, he might have a logical answer to what is happening to us. Rome, my wolf, says in the back of my mind in his strong tone

"Most of them were too blurry and dark to make out. Two of them were of bars like some type of a jail, another was of a face with hazel eyes and messy close to shoulder length hair. I saw that person once inside and once outside but in the outside image he looked angry and I could feel hollow fear in my chest. The other face with the black hair and dark blue eyes. Liam, his face was like one of a demon, his expression at least and that's when I felt the pain in my back that brought me down to my knees and would've made me scream if it wasn't so quick to leave. I asked if whoever it was was okay but they were gone, or should I say, my mate was gone as quick as the pain," I explain worried and frightened of the outcome that might happen to the mystery girl in my brain.

"Dude I think the real problem here is that your imagining and picturing men in your head? Maybe you're mating situation is so weird because your gay and your being paired up with another man. And he's only now turning so it's different for you," Liam says bursting out laughing. His chest heaving as he lets out a pattern of loud laughter that erupts in his bedroom.