Ten

"Tom," it was that voice again, but it didn't sound like she was in his head this time

"Tom," it was that voice again, but it didn't sound like she was in his head this time. "Tom, wake up." His eyes fluttered open and we're met with the vibrant blue of the girl from the box. She smiled at him and offered him a bowl of whatever they had for dinner, probably the same beef broth he's had every day since he landed himself there.

"Hi." Thomas said awkwardly. He sat up in the bed and took the bowl from her and began to sip at the broth.

"How are you feeling?" She asked. Horrible, is what he wanted to say but he doesn't.

"Better." He replied instead. She looked at him thoughtfully, as if trying to figure out what to say.

"Do you remember me, Tom?" She asked slowly. Thomas hesitated for a second.

"No." He sipped at the bowl again. "but I've seen you in a dream before." She looked thoughtful and nodded.

"What happened in the dream?"

"We we're with them, those people that put us here." He didn't really want to explain the whole dream to her, he really didn't know her at all. And the memories they might have shared with her before were just gone, they meant nothing.

"What else?" She asked, and Thomas took a long sip of the broth to stall for time.

"I-I don't really remember exactly. I just know we were there." He lied. "Were you the one talking to me in my head?" He asked in attempt to change the subject. She nodded and played with the ends of her hair. "How?"

"I don't know really, if just kind of happened." Thomas frowned and rubbed his temples. "You used to do it to." Now he was even more confused, how could she know this?

"Do you have your memories?" He whispered. Teresa was quiet for a long time, and she took his hand in both of hers.

"Can you go for a walk?" She asked, and Thomas nodded. He still felt bad sure, but his curiosity over powered his need to stay in bed. He pulled on his boots and Teresa helped him to his feet.

"You look.."

"Hot?" Thomas finished with a smirk.

"I was going to say scrawny, but whatever works for you." She rolled her eyes and handed him the pelt that hung on the hook by the door. He wrapped it around his shoulders, and together they walked through the hall and out the front door of the Homestead.

"How have things been around the Glade?" Thomas asked as they crossed the open pasture.

"Fine," she replied, looking around at everything that had surrounded them. "Everyone's nice enough." she linked their arms together as they walked, she seemed to notice that Thomas was having some trouble keeping up.

"That's good." Thomas looked around too, secretly hoping he'd spot the familiar mop of blond hair limping around. Teresa leads him to the woods, and they entered the treeline in silence.