Seventeen.

Unedited
Also maybe a trigger warning? Idk really nothing in depth

UneditedAlso maybe a trigger warning? Idk really nothing in depth

Newt.

Newt's hopes of his leg pulling through were quickly diminished, it seemed like only minutes before he had to fall toward the back and let Minho take the lead. He was horrendously out of shape, and it didn't help that his mind was running about a mile a minute. He often found himself searching for Teresa, his obsession with Thomas was becoming only slightly unhealthy, at least that's what he's telling himself. He didn't want to annoy Teresa with constantly asking about Thomas, but he needed to see. He ran so that he was keeping pace with her now, and shared a knowing look.

"They're fine Newt." She reassured him. He didn't have to even ask her. His throat felt dry as they continued through the maze. Not once did they face a griever, and as they approached the exit it seemed like a straight shot. Nothing was in their way.

"Thomas's group made it through." Teresa said beside him, but her face contorted into something else.

"What's wrong?" He asked in between breaths.

"He's not there anymore." She frowned and squinted at the opening in the walls in front of her.

"What? What are you talking about?" He asked, he wanted to stop running now and try to decipher what the hell she was actually saying to him. "Is he dead?"

"No, he's just gone. I can't feel him there anymore. I can't explain it." The group slowed to a stop a few feet from the door and everyone was trying to catch their breath.

"What does that mean?" His heart had jumped in his chest. He wasn't sure what exactly to think.

"I don't know exactly, it's like someone turned it off." Newt tan his hand over his face in frustration.

"That sounds bloody fantastic." He replied irritably. Teresa looked just about as worried as Newt felt.

"I'm sure he's fine let's just get through the wall and meet up with them, if they ran into trouble we would have seen it by now." Teresa urged, but something was wrong, the way the opening in the wall looked wasn't right. The greenery that once crept in from beyond was no longer there, the bad feeling in his stomach only strengthened as Minho approached the opening.

"Minho, wait!" But it was too late, a blinding white light exploded from the opening and everyone stumbled back with their hands covering their faces.
"Run!" Newt cried, though nothing seemed to come out. He stumbled backward but everything was happening so fast, he clawed at the ground to try and get away. He could hear the cries of his friends behind him as he desperately clawed at the ground to get away but the light was blinding- he couldn't see anything anymore.
He suddenly felt a sharp pain in his arm and the world began to fade. He risked one last look behind him and saw the shadows of people in suits picking up his friends and tossing them inside like garbage.