Eleven

Thomas's throat was raw with the coughs that refused to stop

Thomas's throat was raw with the coughs that refused to stop. But his heart lifted when Newt took a seat next to him at lunch and squeezed his thigh.

"You guys get attacked by the same thing last night?" Minho asked, placing a plate in front of Thomas. His mouth watered at the sight of the first real food he's seen in a week. Minho's eyes were on Newt though, specifically on a spot at the base of his neck where a red-purple mark was playing peek-a-boo with Newt's pelt.

"Don't know what you mean." Newt shrugged nonchalantly, his pelt covered his shoulder as he did so. Minho just rolled his eyes, but he didn't bring it up again. Thomas smirked down at his food. Potatoes and beef, he was so glad to see something besides broth in front of him.
"Have you gotten everything ready for tomorrow?" Newt asked between bites. Minho nodded.

"Pretty much. Just waiting to see if this shank will be able to make it. Mona says yes but Alby wants to hear it from Clint." He shrugged.

"Easy, I've already decided that he's not coming." Newt said. Thomas's eyes snapped the blond and his body tensed.

"Why the hell not?" He asked, his appetite suddenly flew out the window.

"You're sick, Tommy. You've had, what two bloody seizures in the passed two days? I'm not risking taking you passed the walls."

"Mona said I was fine, Minho was there. I can't back out on my own plan!" He exclaimed

"He's right, Newt." Minho said, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't give a clunk what Mona said. I'm saying no." Thomas stood so suddenly that his chair fell over backwards. He looked over at his friends and without another word he walked away. Again, he found himself going into the woods, he sought comfort among the trees there. As he walked further into the woods, he tried to ignore the sound of footsteps that followed behind him. He walked further and further until he reached the wall that signified the edge of the forest.

"You can't just storm off like a big baby whenever you don't get your way." Thomas rolled his eyes because of course Newt would have been the one to follow him.

"I learned from the best, and I was really just trying not to punch you in your pretty mouth." Newt chuckled.

"I don't storm away when I don't get what I want, Shank but I'm glad you think I'm pretty." Thomas turned around and faced the blond, who smirked at him.

"I'm going tomorrow." Thomas said confidently. "You can't stop me."

"I'll throw you in the slammer." Newt took a step toward him.

"I'll get out." He argued. Newt took a step forward with every word.

"No you won't." Newt was just one step from standing on top of Thomas now.

"Yes I will." He glared hard into Newt's eyes, who looked as though this was a game to him.

"I'm just trying to protect you, Tommy." He explained quietly.