CHAPTER 31

Y/n's POV

The moment he entered my room, my heart started racing. All those memories that I thought I was strong enough to deal with, started coming back into my mind..... messing with it, agitating and scaring me at the same time. Though it's good that he is regretful of his actions but it won't lessen the pain and trauma he has already given to me. I am not someone who holds grudges against wrongdoers but I keep a safe distance from those people who hurt me. It doesn't matter if someone is close to my heart or I have love or attachment for them...... if a person hurts me, I unconsciously close myself off from them. One can say it's a kind of a protective mechanism to keep myself away from more hurt and pain. So unconsciously my voice became colder the moment we started talking.

I actually asked to meet him thinking of talking it out and ending this chapter for Dohyun's sake. I thought I am strong enough to face my past but I was wrong. When I met him I didn't want to talk about the past anymore so I decided to jump directly to the point and leave the discussion of the past for some other day.

I didn't even want to see him, let alone talk or meet with him..... or maybe..... I did want to meet him. But..... for what ? For Dohyun ? Is it just for Dohyun or there is something more to my behaviour ? I don't know. I can't really pin point a reason other than Dohyun but I can feel there's something more for sure.

It's like I hate him yet my heart keeps looking at him, expecting some sort of reaction that I myself don't know about.

Gosh this is complicated ! *Deep breathes*

The whole conversation goes by smoothly and I feel my nerves calming down a bit by the end of it.

But a few moments later, a war of nerves start in me again.......

Even though it's a job, even though it's all fake, yet acting like his wife is for sure a not-so-good realisation. And the moment this realisation hits me, I feel like running away. Not because I don't want to do this but more so because it's a bit too unpredictable...... especially when I have to act alongside the devil himself !

I hate it when things are unpredictable and not under my control. But I have come to realise that life is just like that...... unpredictable and uncontrollable at times. The more we fight it, the weaker we become with time. Struggles are meant to be faced not to be escaped.

After ending the conversation, when he stands up to go out of my room, I don't know what came into my mind and I blurt out without thinking much.....

Y/n : Mr. Kim...... Umm.... I mean, Taehyung...... I have a condition..... I want my new job contract to be completely based on only and only my terms and conditions from the start to end.

I am surprised with my own words. It wasn't in my plan but I don't know why.... I just wanted to play it safe. It is scary to even think that I am going to be someone's fake wife and mother when I never planned on these things.... atleast in the near future. Fake or not, it's still nerve racking.

I see him pause for a moment and turn around looking a bit amused and confused.

Taehyung : What terms and conditions ? *Confused*

Y/n : I want to review, edit and modify every terms and conditions mentioned on my new contract by myself. I will agree to do this job when all of my terms and conditions are fulfilled.

Taehyung : Oh.... Okay. *Nods* I will ask Jimin to give you a copy of the job contract. You can read first and then modify everything if you want.

It's surprising that he calmly accepted whatever I said. I mean, it's not very Taehyung-ish to just be a follower than a controller.

Y/n : Okay. *Nods*