Chapter 8

After finding a shop which was open, me and Dami bought one large pizza to share together. A funny memory came to my mind and I started giggling at the thought of it. Damiano notices and asked "What are you thinking about?"

"I don't know how, but every time I meet you, we end up in a pizza parlour together" I replied whilst laughing.

"Yeah, but this time it's different" He said with a smile.

I looked at him confused by what he said and he continued with "It's different because things are more easier now between us. The fact that I'm single and I do feel a genuine connection with you, you know, after what happened at the club".

I started blushing at thought of us making out at the club. It was like a hot scene from a movie. It's crazy how to me, he is just a stranger but something feels right between us. It's like I've known him for a long time, I feel comfortable around him and best of all, he makes me feel amazing – the compliments that he gives, the flirty look in his eyes, his seductive touch, and don't even get me started on the amazing soft lips that he has.

We kept on talking for a few about different topics. He asked me more about the movie that I had made whilst I asked him more about his music and concerts.

After eating our pizza, we went outside to get a taxi for home because it was already 5am. It's crazy how with him time flies.

Due to the city lights, I had more opportunity to observe his tattoos in more depth. I mean, I have seen them before in photos but seeing them in real-life was more exceptional. He was wearing a black lace top which made his tattoos more visible. One tattoo that was really catching my eye was of a naked woman that he had on his left hand. He noticed me staring and asked me if I like the tattoo.

"Who is she?" I asked, while I traced a finger on the tattoo.

"Well-" He giggled, trying to explain himself. "She is actually my muse. Perhaps you've heard of her through our music, I call her-"

"Marlena, of course" I did not even let him finish my sentence. To me, their music was angelic so obviously, I heard of Marlena before. But I never knew that the tattoo represented her.

"That's right" He said. "I actually made another tattoo myself last week, let me show you".

"Wait, you tattoo yourself?" I said.

"Yeah, of course, that's my passion, well, besides music and basketball i guess" He said whilst lifting up his top in order for him to show me his new tattoo.

He showed a fresh-looking tattoo on his V-line by the words 'MAMMAMIA'.

"Wow" I said. "What does it represent?".

"Well, it doesn't really represent anything. It's just an Italian phrase that I loved so much growing up and I guess, an Italian tattoo sort of makes me look more Italian, you know?" He said while grabbing a strand of my hair and placing it behind my earlobe. "A tattoo does not really have to mean anything, as long as you love it and can have no meaning behind it".

I nodded to myself more than to him. I always found tattoos fascinating and I always wanted to do one, but I guess I always chickened out. I was always so scared of doing one – what if I don't like it, what if I get scared of the needle, what if -. I guess I just overthink everything – which perhaps makes me unable to do anything adventurous, like getting a tattoo.

A taxi pulled up by our sides right at that second and motioned me to get in. I told the taxi my hotel address and Damiano gave me smirk. I wanted to take him with me to the hotel but I knew that it would be a mistake. I knew that this night would mean nothing to him and for me, it would mean everything, especially since I am still a virgin. I've always waited for the right person to come and I don't want to do a foolish mistake like inviting a stranger to my room, even if he is Damiano David.

As soon as we arrived to the hotel, I opened my car door and turned around to look at him.

"Goodnight" I said with a smile.

He loooked into my eyes and smiled briefly. He cups my face and leaned in for a small yet passionate kiss. The kiss only lasted for about ten seconds, before he moved back, looked into my eyes again and said "Goodnight Maya, I'll text you in the morning".

And that was it. I got out of the car and headed to the hotel so that I could finally get some sleep.