Just A Normal School Day

Greg's POV

I was lying in my bed trying to get some extra sleep before school. I was feeling comfortable, until I heard a familiar voice that I hated.

"GREG!!" I heard Rodrick scream.

I sighed, knowing that I wouldn't get that extra sleep I wanted.

"What?!" I yelled.

"Mom said that it's time to get up and get ready for school!" Rodrick answered smugly. Rodrick then left the room, acting like he was annoyed to even be around me.

I got up out out of bed, and rubbed the tiredness out of my eyes. I stretched out my tired arms and started heading down the stairs.

The morning was the same as usual. The whole family ate breakfast and got dressed. Then me and Rodrick went outside so Rodrick could take me to school.

"Get in nerd!" Rodrick yelled as he shoved me into the passenger seat.

"Geez! I was going to!" I said as I buckled my seatbelt.

Rodrick jumped in the drivers seat and we drove off.

"So, are you still trying to get that Holly Hills girl to like you?" Rodrick asked, pretty annoyed.

"I don't know? Are you still trying to get her sister to like you?" I asked him.

Rodrick looked over at me with an annoyed and irritated expression.

"Shut up." He told me.

I rolled my eyes and looked back forward.

When we arrived at school, I got out of the van where Rowley was waiting for me.

"Hey Greg!" Rowley greeted as he was walking over to me.

"Hey Rowley!" I greeted back.

We both walked into the building, when we were both unfortunately greeted by Patty Ferrell.

"Looks like somebody finally arrived!" Patty said with a smug look on her face.

"Can you just leave us alone?" I asked her, pretty annoyed.

"Ok, listen up!" Patty said. "I can do whatever I want! Don't make me beat you up again!"

Patty then pushed me out of her way, and Rowley went up to me.

"When will she ever leave you alone?" Rowley asked.

"I don't know." I said sadly.

"Well, you did call her a fatty in kindergarten, that could be why she started picking on you in the first place." Rowley pointed out.

"Well, that was a long time ago!" I told him, irritated.

We both walked to first period. When we walked in Fregley sadly came up to us.

"Hey guys!" Fregley said. "Do you want to have a sleepover tonight?"

"Ummm...." I started. "I'm sorry, but we'll probably have homework to do tonight. I'll want to get that done."

"Yeah.." Rowley stuttered.

Then we both sat down in our seats. I saw Holly Hills from where I was sitting. I couldn't stop staring at her.

"Hey Greg." My teacher told me. "Can you stop staring at Holly and pay attention?!"

Everybody started laughing at me. Holly looked so embarrassed! All I could do was put my head down. I could already tell that this was gonna be a bad day.

At lunch time, we had nowhere to sit. We had to sit by the trashcans again today! I thought things couldn't get much worse, until Fregley showed up.

"Hey guys!" He said cheerfully. "Can I sit here?"

This is gonna be a long rest of the day.

Rodrick's POV

After I dropped Greg off at school, I drove to my school and parked in the parking lot. I tried to think of ways I could impress Heather Hills. I know that she likes popular girl things, but I don't know how to impress her with that stuff. Whatever, I'd think about it later.
I got out of my van and walked into the school, where the other members of Löded Diaper were waiting for me.

"Hey Rodrick!" One of them said. He sounded really excited.

"What's up?" I asked.

"The craziest thing just happened, we just got a gig for Löded Diaper!" He said, really excited. I couldn't believe it!

"What?!" I asked. I couldn't believe that we got a gig! We haven't had one in such a long time!

"Well you see," he started. "I was talking to some friends yesterday afternoon, and he told me that there was going to be a battle of the bands soon at the Plainview Mall. So I went and signed up for it!"

"That's awesome dude!" I exclaimed. "When is it?"

"It's going to be on Thursday!" He said with excitement.

"That's amazing!" I exclaimed. "We need to start practicing! We have SO much to do before Thursday!"

I was so excited! My mind was racing, until I heard the bell ring for first period, which was history class.

"Crap!" I said, irritated. "Well, I'll see you later!"

"Ok bye!" My band mates shouted as I ran off.

I ran through the hallway and made it to history class. I knocked on the door, and my teacher let me in. I looked over at Heather Hills, who was laughing at me to her friends. But whatever, she's still hot.

"Looks like you're late again Mr. Heffley." My teacher, Mr. Jones, said.

"I'm sorry sir, it won't happen again." I told him, trying to get out of trouble.

"You said that last time." Mr. Jones said. "If you are late for class one more time, I will have to give you detention."

"Yes sir." I told him.

I sat down in my seat. I sit in a seat where I have a good angle of Heather, so I'm never gonna complain about that.

In class, we just talked about normal history class stuff, about the Civil War and stuff like that.
Finally, class was over. We really didn't do much today in our other classes, it was just the same boring work that we do everyday. But lunch is best time of the day.

When it was time for lunch, I sat down next to my bandmates. Where I was sitting, I could see Heather Hills perfectly. I must've zoned out while I was looking at her, because I heard one of my bandmates trying to snap me out of it.

"Hey Rodrick!" I heard him say. "Are you staring at Heather again?"

"Oh," I said as I snapped back to reality. "I'm sorry guys."

"That's fine." He said.

We started talking about how we would perform. It wasn't really that important, just about what songs we would play and stuff like that.

Eventually it was the end of the day, and I had to pick up my dork of a brother Greg and take us home.

I'm sorry that this was a long chapter, I just wanna get some of the story out of the way before the big stuff happens!

Word count: 1128