7

I'd definitely begun to drift from my best friend and from Beomgyu. I hadn't talked to them in a while and when they attempted to reach out, I would answer them with short sentences and swiftly end the conversation. In short, I was ghosting them.

Not out of pettiness or spite. It's because I felt guilty. Guilty for the life I had lived in the past. I didn't want to talk to them until I was better. I wanted their happiness and I wanted my own as well.

Taehyun and I did move in together. It took about two years of our bonafide relationship for us to take that step. It took so long because we didn't want to rely on each other too heavily. Whilst relationships do consist of partial dependence on one another, there was an unhealthy level of codependence that we wanted to assure wouldn't happen.

Once we were both sure that we could have a healthy relationship, we moved in together. It felt nice to cuddle and watch movies and just generally be together in such a happy way.

Others were asking why we hadn't married yet. There was a ring on my finger and a steady relationship that had been going on for ten years, or so they had thought. They all wondered why we didn't tie the knot already.

We simply told them we wanted to wait until we both had our masters degrees. After we finished university, we would both be more stable financially and mentally.

We were both content in the position we were in. Marriage didn't mean much to us. We already had a deep relationship that didn't need to be defined by a legal piece of paper. We were just fine the way we were.