4

Trying to explain this concept to Taehyun was difficult.

I couldn't fully convey my point in words to him, yet he still completely understood me and I finally knew I'd gotten through to him when he covered his mouth in horror.

"Oh my god," he murmured.

"I know," I responded, fiddling with the ring that had been placed on my finger for days.

After that, we had both taken a couple of days apart from each other to sort out our lives. I couldn't help but find myself glancing at the ring that had rested on my finger for a while and so I called Taehyun to meet at a coffee shop nearby.

When he sat down in front of me, I wordlessly placed the ring down on the table. He looked at it for a moment, as if pondering what I was doing. His eyes shifted from the ring to me.

"This whole thing was a decision that was influenced by our insanity," I began, fiddling with my fingers under the table. "Therefore, I don't think we should go through with it."

The statement was simple and it was something that I'd thought about a lot.

"No," he said simply.

My brows furrowed in confusion.

"What do you mean 'no'?" I asked him.

"Look, I know it was a decision that was made in a cloud of bad judgement but I need you. I can't put it any other way. It feels like everything in my life has changed and I need you. I need you by my side. Throughout whatever misery I've put myself through, you've been there and understood me and I know this may sound insane but I have nothing. I just..." he paused for a moment and looked me in the eyes for the first time since he'd got there. "I need you."

He lifted his hand from his lap and pushed the ring towards me on the table and after a moment of contemplation, I raised my hand from my own lap and took the ring from the table.

"Alright."