Chapter 4- New start

I don't know what I did wrong. In this episode, Yumi is supposed to pair up with the new kid, William Dunbar, so why was I paired up with her? Ulrich and Yumi's relationship depends on William!!! How in the world did I screw this up?!

There isn't anyone who I would rather work with but I know that William and I need to switch partners. But the chance never came. I tried to talk to Mrs Hertz but she was always talking to someone else. Great. I'm stuck with Yumi. But I know that I have a second chance.

I looked around awkwardly. "Are you okay?" she asked. "You've been looking around all day but you haven't been drawing anything."

"I don't think these trees and plants are interesting," I responded. "In fact, I don't even know why we're doing this." I looked around some more and plucked a leaf from a plant. I sat by Yumi and began to sketch the intricate pattern of the leaf.

Yumi's phone rang which made her jump. "Okay Jeremie, I'm on my way." She looked over to me. "I need to-"

"I'll take some pictures for you so go," I said. "Whatever it is, you seem to be in a hurry. Go and come back. If you don't make it back in time, I'll try to stall for as long as I can."

"Why would you help me? We don't even know each other that well."

"It's the right thing to do." Yumi seemed a little confused but I insisted that she should go.

I didn't really do anything I said I would do, after all, there would be a return to the past anyway. And I was right.

I found myself back outside again. I was paired up with Yumi and was careful in my choice of words, I had to repeat what I had said that morning. But to my surprise, Yumi approached Mrs Hertz and asked to help William, claiming that she wanted to help the new student. In the end, I was paired up with his partner and live happily ever after...